External oil pump June 09, 2016 12:48PM
Setting up to run external oil pump on Dt466. What GPM pump should I run? Going to use a Prince gear pump series 25A. Thanks

Re: External oil pump June 09, 2016 01:19PM
When on a IH 466 is it a must to change to the external pump... Cubic inch?? Rpm?? Compared to the 1 1/8 stock pump?

Re: External oil pump June 09, 2016 01:31PM
I'm not sure but I've been told by many it is worth it to go this way. I'm sure there are many opinions and I just went with the one I bought my engine parts through.

Re: External oil pump June 09, 2016 02:42PM
We run 40gpm (two 20 gpm pumps) with 90-120 psi on both of are superfarms. We have aviad external pumps 4 stages two for engine one for turbo and one for fuel.

Re: External oil pump June 09, 2016 10:16PM
I should also mention that I am going to still run the engine's oil pressure regulator with the heavier spring that should put the oil pressure somewhere around 80-90 psi. I guess my consern is with the large volume of oil can the regulator handle it and will it handle the high pressure of the pump?

Re: External oil pump June 10, 2016 05:56AM
I know that the aviad pumps have a built in preasure regulator. Not sure about ur gear pump but ur regulator should handle it ok.

Re: External oil pump June 10, 2016 06:17AM
I would probably act upon the advice given by your engine parts supplier as to what pump setup to use. Will probably save you a lot of hassle.

Re: External oil pump June 16, 2016 12:44PM
Where can u get this spring?

Re: External oil pump June 16, 2016 01:38PM
Just don't get the pump to big I had a 3 stage Peterson and couldn't keep bearings in the engine the problem ended up being the pump was pumping way to much oil and with the built in bypasses it was foaming the oil inside the pump .The fix after a couple thousand dollars and sending the pump back to peterson a couple of times was to plug the built in bypass and use a external bypass with a 3/4 return back to the pan no more problems .Un less I had a 3 turbo super stock I wouldn't give a nickle for another one

Re: External oil pump June 16, 2016 01:52PM
I believe the guy i got it from said it came from Hypermax. I think Riverside has them also.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,924, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,020.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM