dt466 July 25, 2016 12:02AM
New to the DT world, from the 7.3 powerstroke world. Just wondering where i should look for used performance injectors,cams, and other performance parts.

Also what is the limit for a balanced stock bottom end, and when should they be machined for fire rings, and at what level is a girdle recommended? Its super hard to find info on these engines just looking for some beginner learning info.

Is it possible to make it a 530 by buying the 530 in frame kit?

Re: dt466 July 25, 2016 01:59AM
First off what are you going to do with it? The stress level of you application will change the answer to most of your questions. All the used parts your looking for can be found here on pulloff.con

Re: dt466 July 25, 2016 08:36AM
I'm looking to build a 2 wheel drive pulling truck. Just for the local non sacntioned brush pulls to play around with. Its dominated by BB fords that usually are spraying nitrous. I'm guessing they are making around 900HP. There is one BB chevy with a blower thats pushing probably around 1300-1400.

The only rules for the class

1. Front suspension must move up or down.
2. No differential limit.
3. No pedal steering.
4. Hitch height no more than 30” and no shorter than 27% and no longer than 36% of wheelbase.
5. Weight may not exceed 18” in front of grill.
6. No rear-end limit.
7. Any engine and transmission combo.
8. Headers coming out of hood must have 2– 3/8” cross bolts in heads spaced 1” apart.

Re: dt466 July 26, 2016 11:34AM
bump

Re: dt466 July 26, 2016 04:08PM
mustang_gt_350
New to the DT world, from the 7.3 powerstroke world. Just wondering where i should look for used performance injectors,cams, and other performance parts.

Also what is the limit for a balanced stock bottom end, if you balance each rod and have them hardened you are good to at least 1500 hp.
and when should they be machined for fire rings, anything over stock needs fire rings, I would even put fire rings on a stock motor that you plan to pull
and at what level is a girdle recommended? girdel is highly recommended for anything over 3,000 rpm. I definitely wouldn't spin one hard without it. Its super hard to find info on these engines just looking for some beginner learning info.

Is it possible to make it a 530 by buying the 530 in frame kit?
the 530 requires a 530 block. You may look at a 525 kit from wipeout or others. That would be a pretty basic drop in kit. To spend the money I would drop a 540 kit in it and move on. Good injectors (Wimer fuel injection) good 14mm pump (Wimer again) and a 3" turbo and you will be moving on.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520