Day after pull track maintance/improvements August 22, 2016 01:14AM
So I know there is a lot of different ideas on this topic, but what is the most important thing to do the day after your pull? I see a lot of people suggest a cover crop to help with organic matter. We just had our fair and tried some new things with our track and had good success. I am planning on doing a soil sample to check PH for cover crop. Is there a better type of lime to use? There will be an antique pull in October but we had thought of putting something down now, and again after the later pull. Thanks in advance.

Re: Day after pull track maintance/improvements August 22, 2016 03:45AM
Just get a grader on it. Put a crown on to shed water and pack it .

Re: Day after pull track maintance/improvements August 22, 2016 09:52AM
My 2 cents, go ahead and check the ground for a cover crop. In the meantime make sure it is graded or shaped appropriately so it drains well, try to get a good soil mix, clay-topsoils-good dirt, mix in some sort of organic, like maybe straw that was used for bedding or maybe sawdust that was bedding or even straight sawdust. Plant a cover crop and let it grow. Take a look at it next spring and work your track prep accordingly to your event.

red712

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,878, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,990.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM