Guillotine August 31, 2016 02:05AM
Wondering what people are doing for the pins that hold the guillotine open ? Are you pulling a pin that goes thru the blade or putting the cable center cord thru the hole. We have had some discussion in our group in what would happen if you got away from the sled . Your air would be shutoff but whats going to happen to the cable if a pin is attached to it. Building some right now just curious. Smiling

Re: Guillotine August 31, 2016 01:46PM
Most I have paid attention to have just used the cable to hold the slide open. The dash mounted knobbiedoo just pulls the outer liner of the cable, to pull the inner wire out of the slide.
Best to make it so when cable gets pulled, it can get pulled ALL the way out and not tear stuff up.
Unless you LIKE fixing torn up stuff,,,,,,,,

Re: Guillotine August 31, 2016 03:09PM
I have a show me performance one and it uses one pin in the middle (looks like a T ) and has to have two cables attached to it (one on each top corner of the T) to hold it in place and if one of the cables gets pulled the pin comes out and door shuts works really well. I can send pics if u want or just look them up on facebook.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009