greenwich n.y. pull August 31, 2016 01:37PM
hats off to the entire staff for deciding on a 2 track setup this year. if it wasn't for the sled having no green lights for the evening pull would have been out and on the way home early. should have done this years ago. super pull. oh and where were the hortons tonight for the fonda pull? saving it for the home town pull fri? get it all together boys cause henry's tractors and chain reaction tractor will be there. have a good night. oh and by the way congrats to sharon everman's win in the mods and henry everman in the supers.

Re: greenwich n.y. pull September 01, 2016 08:55AM
Thanks Gus.It took me a lot of convincing to the motorsport committee when i first threw this at them. After a few meetings and a agreement on a trial basis we have one year under our belt. We as a team did a great job with a few ( well a lot for the week ) bumps. I have heard a few times that it was good and its great to hear it because i'm sure you know how much negativity we all heard. It's not easy when their is change but the track crew worked threw everything that was thrown at them. I hope that the fair lets us continue the new tradition. it was great for the spectators. As far as the tractors not in Fonda. We where looking over hoping to lay down ( and finish ) some good runs tomorrow. Anyone can email the fair and tell them what they thought of the 2 tracks

Re: greenwich n.y. pull September 01, 2016 01:40PM
thanks for the reply i'm glad the fair allowed you and the committee to try this out the only way to run the show faster would need another start and finish line flagmen plus a scraper and roller for the other track. the flaggers did what they had to do when one puller was done and the track was being prepped the other track was ready for woody and john, all they had to do was move over to the other track. again great job. and by the way just busting you about fridays pull at schadicoke. good luck.

Re: greenwich n.y. pull September 01, 2016 01:51PM
You want me to tell you what I think of the two tracks?I've been attending the Greenwich tractor pull for many years,and I always thought it was the best pulling track in New York State;and now I feel that the two tracks just made matters worse.I never in my life have seen a track so bad as the one in Greenwich last week.It was dusty,dirty,no traction,there was no way of knowing how to adjust the weights on the tractors.I'm not sure what went wrong this year with the pull,but now I have no intention of attending this pull again.It was very hard on the motors;and I've never seen my tractors as dirty as they were after the pull last week.I'm sorry,but that's my opinion.If we had been able to use the entire track ;we would have had more of a choice to spot the sled.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520