NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 12, 2016 08:59AM
If an organization were to bump up to do a region 2 pull instead of a state hook, what 3 classes would said group want to run. I already know Light Pro is gonna be said 10,000 times, but throw out some other classes.

As pullers, would you go to a place that is close to home if it were a state pull or a region pull?

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 12, 2016 09:23AM
Light Super

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 12, 2016 09:25AM
Where and when is this pull bc I pull super farm and that would be a good class to have. We usually have 10 tractors compete all season long and with up to 25 when there is no GN pull that weekend.

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 12, 2016 09:55AM
Eastern Indiana/Western Ohio area

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 12, 2016 11:40AM
Before recommending specific classes, let me ask which weekend of the year would you like to have the pull (assuming its not a midweek event). Nothing happens in a vacuum. Knowing when you would like to have the pull can influence the # of vehicles.

Thanks

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 12, 2016 12:01PM
The Saturday after Labor Day.

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 12, 2016 12:57PM
Since Roanoke is the night before, perhaps you should piggy-back on some or all of their classes.
When a puller can get two hooks and nearby on the same weekend, it usually helps to bring forth more pullers per class.
2016 Region 2 MINIS staged a really good show.
SSD 4x4 is always popular with the spectators and the class is always interesting to watch. But is there a PPL schedule conflict?

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 13, 2016 02:44AM
And the 2017 R2 version of the mini class is going to be even bigger. JW

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 13, 2016 04:32AM
Super farm would work that weekend.

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 13, 2016 05:44AM
My question with super farm is, how many would come down from Michigan? I cant hardly think of any Super Farms from Indiana and Ohio has a very limited #.
Minis have been discussed but there you run into having to pay for the mini sled as well. SSD 4x4 trucks have ppl in PA that day.

What about 4wd region 2 trucks? Or HSS Region 2?

Just looking for the right combo. Would love to have 12-15 vehicles per class.

Re: Why not Pro Stocks? September 13, 2016 07:17AM
Many region pulls run sanctioned NTPA classes first then brush classes. You could schedule 3 classes, 1 being RN minis, then have a non-sanctioned limited mini class afterward.

There used to be a Central Indiana mini group, not sure if they are still around. I believe there are mini clubs in OH and MI. Perhaps one of these groups could sanction ( or cosanction) a limited mini class.

Doing this would help justify the mini sled expense.

For big classes, since everyone runs Light Pros, Id suggest either Limited Pros, or jump up and sanction a Region PS class. The GN boys would be in Sandwich, but I can think of several non GN Pros that may come.
Dont be afraid to reach out to pullers and ask if they would come. Off the top of my head Stone, Hoffman, Walters, Ahrens, Harmon, I believe Henry Smith still has Sneaky Snake, Junior Miller is registered as a points vehicle in HSTPA. Overmeyer is rumored to have a new one. Dukes, John Young, and several other Ohio tractors may be willing to come. Again, dont be afraid to reach out to these guys. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 07:23AM by The Original Michael.

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 13, 2016 09:45AM
Well we have a region 2 SF hook tomorrow and I will ask around. I do know that we had 20+ in waseon region 2 pull. The thing is the GN points are over so now all those boys come play with us region 2 guys for the purse money. And I have 2 super farms and I am located in NW Ohio so. If u could text me and give me location and some details (or post on here) so I can ask around tomorrow that would be great and I could get u a number. Bill at 419-722-4923.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 09:46AM by Oliver with Cat 3208.

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 13, 2016 01:58PM
Region 2 Heavy super stock! These tractors are running hard. much more impressive than the economy diesels. And somewhat more impressive than grand national level classes. There is a lot of different setups all competing against each other 4 charger vs 3 charger vs alcohol. And the best part... These are guys that actually work on their own tractors! its the best of the good ol days and of modern times

Recommendation to Curious Promotor September 13, 2016 03:10PM
After reading this thread, here is a recommendation.
1) Keep in mind the Saturday after Labor Day in eastern Indiana/western Ohio already has an established HSTPA pull at Lynn, IN (which I believe may have been a Region II pull in the past). For that reason, Light Pros, Heavy Supers, and FWDs are out as those are the classes they typically choose on the exact day you want to have your pull.

2) Keep in mind this is the day after the eastern Indiana Region II pull at Roanoke, IN. They ran LMT PS, TWD, MOD, LGT PS.

With the above in mind, I'd recommend
* Super Farms (which you can also co-sanction with HSTPA and Wolverine Pullers),
* Pro Stocks (see earlier post in this thread).You could cosanction with HSTPA, but my reason for recommending this class is it is popular with fans. Plus, Region II could use another hook in this class and the fact it's the week before the Enderle... couldn't hurt.

After these 2, depending on if the expense of a mini sled is in the budget, I'd complete the show with either
Option A) * Region II minis, and
* piggy back a limited mini class to run after the NTPA classes, either as a brush class or sanctioned by whatever group in Ohio/Michigan/Indiana runs this class.

or Option B- Region II Mods or TWD, cosanctioned with HSTPA and Wolverine Pullers. Or if you have the budget, sanction both. Since both will probably run at Roanoke the evening before, you may get more pullers since they would be able to get 2 hooks for the weekend. If you can get a sponsor, maybe these 2 classes could have a mini sweep with Roanoke.

Good luck and I hope the thoughts of all the contributors on this thread have been helpful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 03:13PM by The Original Michael.

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 13, 2016 02:03PM
one thing could do like with super farm if worried about numbers could do co-sanction with wolverine pullers then it would also be state points hook for them to. thats what Waseon does.

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 14, 2016 03:39AM
If the Michigan group would make the trip down Super Farm seems to be the way to go with a class. Pro Stock has me scratching my head though. The numbers worry me with that class. Limited pro only seems to have around 7-8 consistently. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 14, 2016 04:02AM
Pro stock will draw a lot of fans. If you are willing to reach out to the pullers, you should be able to get the 10-12 pullers.
There is Harmon, Smith, Ahrens, Stone, Jr. Miller, Walters, Hoffman, John Young, Deppen, Overmeyer if he gets his out next year. Thats 10 right there. There will likely be at least 1 or 2 built or bought in Reg II, plus a bunch more not listed are in Ohio. Plus, if cosanctioned with HSTPA, a few limited pros may hook if its close to home (Wisels, Boldry, Leichty for example).

If you have a phone, a computer, or a car, efforts can be taken to get the guys in this or any other class to hook at your event. Good luck.

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 15, 2016 08:31AM
I would say if you went to region 2, had Light Pro, Fwd trucks, and Super Farm, you would have a great turnout. GN pulls are done so you should see a nice turnout for not only Super Farm but Fwd as well. Plus we all know Light Pro should bring 12-20 any given day on Region 2. Being in the western ohio, eastern indiana area I would be shocked if you didn't have at least 12 Fwd, 15 Super Farm, and 15 Light Pro. Not to mention Enderle being the next weekend you might get lucky with a few GN guys staying in the area. What do you guys think?

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 16, 2016 02:15AM
I doubt a dozen FWD. Not sure I saw 12 at any R2 event this year. Super Farm, yes and Light Pro probably. I have seen events where only 6-8 Light Pros show up, though. JW

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 18, 2016 05:19AM
I bet this time of year they could get 8-12 fwd trucks. GN is done and you can't tell me they couldn't get a couple of those guys.

Re: NTPA REGION 2 QUESTIONNAIRE September 18, 2016 07:34AM
Super Farms in Indiana
3 from Nortons
2 from Miley
Jeremy Roberts
Andy Schwenk
Mike Pribble

And others from northern IN

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,760, Posts: 229,921, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM