Tractor Pulling in Movie Theatres September 19, 2016 12:57PM
Looking for some feedback. I am currently working with a Movie theatre company that has locations all over the midwest and ties to several hundred more coast to coast. I am trying to come up with creative ways to promote the sport over the winter months and different ways to reach out to different masses of people through out the year. I came up with the idea of using Movie theatres to help accomplish this. I am working with one group of theatres on the idea to broadcast taped tractor pull events on the IMAX and regular screens at some of their theatres for several weekends over the Winter Months. Curios to get some feed back from pullers and fans on what they might think of something like that?

Would you pay money to watch a tractor pull at a Movie theatre over the winter months? ( One thought was to have viewing parties set up throughout the winter months for various pulls that happened this past summer). ( Could have viewing parties for various organizations like PPL Night across the midwest, Outlaw night and so forth.

Would you pay money to watch a tractor pull "Live" at a Theatre during the Summer months? (IE Bowling Green, Tomah, maybe one of the winter indoor pulls as well).

Curios to see what others might think of this?

Thanks,

Kurt Schanou

Re: Tractor Pulling in Movie Theatres September 19, 2016 01:42PM
Butch Kreiger always said he thought tractor pull fans would pay $15.00 to watch the Budweiser frog commercials.

Re: Tractor Pulling in Movie Theatres September 20, 2016 07:13AM
It would be neat to see it on the big screen. Another idea might be various clips of video from shows somewhat local to the theaters to show off some of the caliber of equipment running at nearby events. These could run during the previews prior to the start of the movie. Might prompt some to go see a show that otherwise wouldn't. Just a thought.

Re: Tractor Pulling in Movie Theatres September 20, 2016 08:22AM
Me, myself? I wouldn't pay to go see them, although it would be neat to see on a huge screen. But to go in and watch an event from the previous summer say in December, you probably wouldn't see me there if I had to pay.

Here's my reason why, and I'm to blame as much as anyone for my reason why.. You can go to YouTube and watch almost any class from almost any event you want too, for free at home on your couch in your underwear.

What I could see working, is to run a 3-5 minute highlights, or wild rides and wrecks type of clip before a movie. I think this would be the "best bang for the buck" to try and grab interest of potential new fans. This would be similar to the "commercials" they run now.

I just don't think a 4hr afternoon session of Tomah would fill a movie theater.. Sad

---

Re: Tractor Pulling in Movie Theatres September 20, 2016 01:25PM
How about a little more "reality" based programs, I personally didn't care to watch hours of drag racing but i can get excited about a program like "Street Outlaws" because it shows the behind the scenes , the drama between rivals, as well as the excitement of the actual races!

Re: Tractor Pulling in Movie Theatres September 21, 2016 03:40AM
It would be better to get a reality tv show on tractor pulling, follow a family around for a summer. Then you would substantially increase interest in the country, as much as i am annoyed with those types of shows.

Re: Tractor Pulling in Movie Theatres September 21, 2016 05:14AM
I agree with Ryan68,

i actually follow his youtube channel and many others on a weekly basis, why pay when you can find what you want on youtube and enjoy it for free at home? Guys like Ryan have really picked up their game over the years and are putting out great videos with results ( thats the most important part to me, whats the point of watching a class pull on tv is you have no clue who actually won. ). I despise tv and especially TV reality shows as most are fake and scripted anyway, but man o man do they ever get a following from the general population...i would say that tv reallity is the way to go even though i know i would not watch it. The idea if live broadcast sessions on the big screen for events like NMFS and Bowling green would probably work well in areas that are very far from the main event that have a strong pulling culture. I have always wanted to go to bowling to experience it, but i cant afford to take the time off let alone the cost to fly from Montreal and back. Price it in the $10-15 range per session and i would consider it as long as some of the proceeds end up in the purse for the pullers.

AL

P.S. Thank you Ryan for the hours of entertainment over the years,

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: Tractor Pulling in Movie Theatres September 21, 2016 11:46AM
You see what Street Outlaws has done for the drag racing world, I don't know how the sport stood prior to the tv show but I know I've never missed a episode and fully enjoyed it. It would be awesome to see one of the guys in the NTPA to make a season of just pulling and behind the scenes of it, you'd just have to keep people interested on the side kind of like Farm Truck and Azn. I know I'd pay money to watch it personally, that'd be your best bet in my opinion sir.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009