chizek tractors February 16, 2014 03:04AM
Why doesnt Chizek drive the tractors? Didnt he used to? Do blackbourns own the open supers with a chizek sponsor or does chizek own them too? Would blackbourns pull without chizek?

Re: chizek tractors February 16, 2014 09:25AM
I for one do not know why he doesn't drive them. Did he used to? yes I have video of him getting the original LSS built all kinds of sideways in mt. sterling. When he had the pro stock he always had other people driving it for him. Jay Ruff, Tim Brinkmeier etc...

Re: chizek tractors February 16, 2014 10:32AM
Maybe Mike's a thinker not a driver ! Winking

Re: chizek tractors February 16, 2014 11:30AM
I think it's like asking why doesn't Joe Gibbs drive the cars in NASCAR? Mike Chizek has hired some of the best drivers in the sport and he likes to win and his odds are definately better when Terry, Josh, and Brian are behind the wheel. I haven't seen Mike drive in quite a few years, in fact, the last time I saw him drive it was on the Jus Blowin Smoke Pro Stock. I know he has driven an alcohol tractor a few times and I think his last ride he had the tractor up on one wheel, but I don't know if he's driven since then.

I believe the GALOT tractors are owned by Earl Wells and he isn't in the seat either.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: chizek tractors February 16, 2014 02:31PM
Jake, here's my question: What does he get out of it?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: chizek tractors February 16, 2014 02:35PM
The same thing as anyone that owns a pro football team. Do you see them play also?

Re: chizek tractors February 16, 2014 02:41PM
sports
The same thing as anyone that owns a pro football team. Do you see them play also?

Needless to say, I don't think Jerry Jones would be a very good quarterback in the NFL--though he MIGHT be better than Romo... And NFL owners are making more money than the owners of pulling tractors.

John Murray

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: chizek tractors February 16, 2014 02:59PM
I like watching Romo get sacked and it wouldn't be bad to see Jerry Jones get tackled a few times!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: chizek tractors February 16, 2014 02:38PM
John-

You'll have to ask Mike that question, no one else can answer that for him. On the surface it would seem he loves pulling and loves the competition, and has some of the best working with him to compete on the highest level to win like his team does.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: chizek tractors February 16, 2014 02:57PM
I've also heard from various people that Mike is very active in reading the track, sled spotting, tire pressure, weighting, etc... I don't personally know if that's true, but I've been on that side of things from time to time in the past and it's like playing a giant chess game (sometimes enjoyable, sometimes not so much!). In fact one of the first people I congratulated after Jason Hootman won Louisville was his crew chief Craig Smith, Craig didn't drive to the win but he had a huge hand in it. He took as much pride in the win as anyone and he didn't ask for any accolades, just the pride of knowing he did his best.

I've done work on a tractor and I've even spent a minor amount of money and resources on a tractor in the past and even though I've never been down the track I've enjoyed seeing the results of my ideas and labor. I still look nostalgically at some of the parts I fabricated and designed. I was actually pretty excited to think that this past week some of the insignificant parts that I helped design and build, and that I designed and built on my own many years ago made a pass down the Louisville dirt. Sure they didn't win but they've held up for years and they still look good.

Someday I hope to make a trip down the track, but I'd much rather be able to find time to work in the shop. Yet some guys hate to work in the shop. To each his own. Mike Chizek has brought the level of competition up in both the LSS and Open SS and I'm thankful for that.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: chizek tractors February 16, 2014 03:22PM
Jake, thank you for your response--never really looked at it that way.

John Murray

Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: chizek tractors February 16, 2014 04:36PM
He also has a business that requires non-stop attention. I'm pretty sure he does not have the luxury of 6-10 months a year to play. No one in business can just take off and play for months on end. Many would not take the operation and run the circuit if you gave it to them. There a lot of people behind the scenes of these tractors that enjoy building them a lot more than having to compete with them. If all the brains behind pulling were to be off pulling all the time, good parts would be really hard to come by. Competing in all these so-called national events gets old, fast. These national event caliber tractors left the hobbyists level a long time ago. You might as well ask why the Queen, and all the other rich folk own Thoroughbreds, and pay people to do it for them.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Chizek or his operation.....,BUT do any of you have any idea how many pullers have went bankrupt, or recall when it was happening,,,,,because of pulling?

Re: chizek tractors February 17, 2014 01:31AM
In response to jake, I am far from a big guy but I would love a free shot at jerry jones!! As for Chizek and his business, I live on the other side of the state from him and we see his trucks everywhere on the road. I don't know if the only headquarters are in Wisconsin or if there is more of them around the country but he has a pile of trucks on the road. I talked to him at Freeport and it does seem like he studies the tracks very hard at every pull

Re: chizek tractors February 17, 2014 05:17AM
I've only known Mike for a very short time, but I think no matter how long you've known him, you know that his goal is to win, as it should be. He's spent the time (and especially $$$) to be the best. He has developed a fantastic pulling team that can best be compared to a NASCAR race team which is something to be proud of

Between Mike, Brian, and the Blackbourns, I have learned so much more about the sport and alcohol super stocks than I could ever have ever imagined. Couldn't ask for a better group of guys.

I have nothing bad to say about Mike. For a 20-year-old college student, I look up to him (and many others) as role models not only in the sport of tractor pulling, but in life.

Not trying to kiss @$$, just giving my opinion.

Re: chizek tractors February 17, 2014 07:29AM
Sully, I see Chizek trucks up and down the road in Michigan daily. JW

Re: chizek tractors February 17, 2014 07:44AM
I truck for a living,i see his trucks everywhere,saw one yesturday going south on I75.

Re: chizek tractors February 17, 2014 04:58AM
I live close and have known Mike since about 1985. Anybody that knows him will find all this funny. Little facts and a lot of speculation. Mike is Mike and that is all I am going to say about that.

Re: chizek tractors February 19, 2014 01:22AM
Didn't he drive both light tractors at Gordyville?

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Re: chizek tractors February 19, 2014 01:59AM
Dan, Brian Korth drove both of the light supers at Gordyville.

Re: chizek tractors February 19, 2014 06:12AM
Ok thanks. Was just going by Klints results.

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Re: chizek tractors November 27, 2016 12:26AM
Chizek does own them and would pull with out them

Re: chizek tractors November 28, 2016 10:32AM
Any truth to the rumor korth is taking the year off ?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009