From the desk of the "GODFATHER" December 01, 2016 03:49AM
December edition of From the Desk of The Godfather..........

Here we are on the 1st day of December, and people are starting to have Pulling withdraw... its only 35 or 36 days until we go Pulling again-Gordyville January 5th 6th and 7th and also the Kentucky Invitational is that same weekend. It will. Be here before we know it.

Now to our goal of growing this sport we all love so much. We have many classes that the rules are so close across the country. But seems there is confusion on what is best for classes and or the sport.

In my opinion, rules do not have to be 100% all the same, but need to be provisions to where, if a local promoter comes to you or your organization, and asks "we want to put on the grand daddy of all pulls that has ever been at our venue, can you get us lots of vehicles here for this weekend of pulling.

Now if rules are close enough, or at least have provisions, every organization can attend this pull. Our national level Organizations are really close on this, I am pitching this down to State and Region level. I am going to use the LLSS class for example, it is really close with some small differences.

I am not saying anyone's rules are wrong. Just feel if everyone could come together with a compromise, and lock it in, the class would grow and in return cause the sport to grow. And just think with changes happening at the Farm Machinery Show, this class may have had a shot at being there this year if rules were more uniform across the board.

The committee has listened to the survey that the Fair and Exposition did a couple years ago and are making changes accordingly. And the LLSS class had lots of interest from ones who filled out the survey.

Now, just my finishing thought on any class, uniformity will make it grow, and in turn make the sport grow. And as fans we need to support our local venues and Pullers. And as media we all need to look at what is best for the sport with all negativity put aside. And the sport will grow to the next level.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009