Gordyville live streaming? December 13, 2016 01:14PM
I can't make it to Gordyville this year because of personal reasons. I was just wondering if there is any option as far as live video streaming online, or is Power and Noise my best option as far as seeing any live action of the pull?

Thanks.

Re: Gordyville live streaming? December 13, 2016 02:21PM
If it's agreeable with Klint and crew, and there's decent cell signal I'll set something up to live stream. I live streamed the Southern Nationals at Tunica the first of the month and got a huge response from it. Ill keep you all posted.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Gordyville live streaming? December 14, 2016 12:31AM
Signal is really tough in there. I hope we can do it.

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Gordyville live streaming? December 14, 2016 10:16AM
I do believe Klint sells DVDs and money at the gate pays the rent so I would be surprised if it happens and surprised you're thinking about it. Hell ill stay home and watch for free. Probably need to be promoting the pull instead of your own agendas.

Re: Gordyville live streaming? December 14, 2016 12:01PM
"Really," you didn't read what I wrote, look again: I said if it's agreeable with Klint and Co., I said I'd do it. If it wasn't I wouldn't do it.

I talked to Klint and I WON'T be live streaming the pull itself. I'm fine either way, it was an idea and not all ideas work for everyone involved. I will try to make a lap through the pits a couple days before the pull starts however-with Klint's permission.

I do promote this pull and many others; if you saw the magazines I produce and my unending endorsement of this event through my words and deeds you might not talk about my "agenda." Think of it like this: if my agenda wasn't in support of the pullers, promoters, fans, and sanctioning bodies that support me, how much longer would I be is business?

So....three weeks from tonight I hope as many of you as possible will either be in Gifford, Illinois or on your way there for the Midwest Winter Nationals, this will be my sixth year there and I enjoy it more every time I go, it's one of the best mixes of pullers and pulling fans you can find anywhere.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Gordyville live streaming? December 14, 2016 03:41PM
You never live stream a full class or an event just a few tractors to let people know to get to the event

Jason Schultz

Re: Gordyville live streaming? December 16, 2016 02:49AM
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the place is completely full every year, so I highly doubt live streaming would hurt ticket sales much. Might be something to be able to subscribe to for the weekend. There's so much more to Gordyville than the pulling action. It's the once a year get togethers a beer drinking that makes the event something to look forward to every year. The live streaming could potentially help ticket sales, those who can't/don't attend could watch, and say "wow, I will be going next year no matter what" lol!

Re: Gordyville live streaming? December 15, 2016 01:58AM
Bryan and Jason - Thanks for responding and for looking into the live streaming and I completely understand why Klint wouldn't allow it. Hopefully Rodney will be there from Power and Noise so I can get the live results from Gordyville 2017. I am hoping to be back in 2018!

Re: Gordyville live streaming? December 15, 2016 02:38AM
I agree with Klint also, I would never ever live stream a whole event, I do it just enough to show people what they are missing and why they need to attend the next pull. I had many positive experiences this summer with live streaming especially at 2 day events where Beer Money Pulling Team Live streamed a little bit on Friday night. I actually had many fans come up to me on Saturday night and say we came to the pull tonight because we saw your live stream last night.

I promote and help run our events in Richland Center and I know how important the gate it. We have done a lot to promote Gordyville and we always will. This event give so many classes a chance to pull indoors. I call it the NFMS for the classes that aren't at NFMS.

Jason Schultz

Re: Gordyville live streaming? December 19, 2016 09:39AM
Have to put my 2 cents in on this, always at promoters discretion, but also it is a great tool to promote pulls. Now for Gordyville, I tried to do a couple LIVE Audio shows there last year, at 9 AM in the morning it worked fine. After the crowd started rolling in, most everyone having a cell phone band width starts to drop until it is almost non existent. The only way to solve problem, would be to buy a satellite for direct link to Verizon, which is very expensive, and probably wont happen by any of us that cover pulling for a while.

Now who ever REALLY is, everyone of us that say we are media, we have no self agenda. We all do what we do because we love the sport. None of us are making any real money at what we do. We sale advertising spots on our network which takes hours upon hours to try and fill. I personally started doing more coverage this past year. I wanted to bring the most news to the fans as I possibly could. So we spend our own money to go do things to bring you the fan the news, and all you want to do is bash us all and say we have self agenda. Well SIR I say to you if you think you can do better at what we do give it a shot.

We all jump in and help promote the sport and get creative on trying to get more fans in the seats, and make the pullers the Rock Stars.

Everyone that runs up and down the road promoting this great sport I THANK YOU, and please keep doing what you do.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,620, Posts: 229,677, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,065, Posts: 225,892.

Our newest member JD_8520