Oil pan heaters on alky tractor January 07, 2017 10:45AM
Thoughts on oil pan heaters on alky tractors to heat oil for indoor pulls; pad style or in pan style?

Re: Oil pan heaters on alky tractor January 08, 2017 01:34AM
In the pan is ok. I would say no more than 300 watt each. I had a 1000 watt and it would burn the oil. I changed to pads on the outside. I run a 300 what on my turbo oil tank.

Re: Oil pan heaters on alky tractor January 08, 2017 03:13AM
How warm do you let the oil get, and can you warm the oil enough to remove moisture and alky from the oil between pulls? Many thanks for any info!

Re: Oil pan heaters on alky tractor January 08, 2017 11:55AM
The best and cheapest oil pan heater you can buy will cost you 12 dollars if you take my advise .Go to a Walmart ,Kmart or one of those type stores and buy a single counter top stove burner fix it to where you can strap it to your oil pan they last forever you can set them from warm to hot just like your kitchen stove

Re: Oil pan heaters on alky tractor January 08, 2017 12:12PM
Interesting, will it scorch the oil?

Re: Oil pan heaters on alky tractor January 08, 2017 02:03PM
if you turn it on high and leave it to long its just like the burner on your stove

Re: Oil pan heaters on alky tractor January 08, 2017 11:15PM
Thanks Lewis

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason