Tire lug repair January 11, 2017 07:41AM
I have a set of Firestone Radial All Traction 18.4X38 double cuts that the point of 1 lug is loose back about 3/4-1". Does anybody know a way to stick the lug back down, some kind of adhesive that will hold it? Really nice set of tires, don't want to rip part of a lug off if it can be fixed.

Re: Tire lug repair January 12, 2017 03:56AM
I used a Devcon product called Flexane 80 got it from Grainger, you can about build a bar with it if done right. you might call one of the tire cutters and ask.

Re: Tire lug repair January 12, 2017 08:20AM
Brett, did you use the liquid, or putty type? I've got a small place on one of pulling tires also. I didn't see it on Grainger's website, but Staples offers it on their site for about $62. After reading a little about it, it appears that it may be best to use primer, also? Thanks

Re: Tire lug repair January 12, 2017 01:05PM
The key is to get it clean. Take a cutting disc & clean up the loose rubber. Take a white rag with denatured alcohol & rub the area till black stops transferring on the rag. Take duct tape and build a mold. Mix & pour. It's an odd ratio & it has to be correct. I usually weight it out in smaller amounts. Liquid seems to work better

Re: Tire lug repair January 12, 2017 01:56PM
It was a 2 part putty,and I also used their primer,It was a kit that you mixed one can into the other and then applied to the clean and primed area,I think cure time on it was like 36 hours not for sure.i had several tears and chords showing got me by for a couple seasons. I think for a tear I agree with Cody clean is the key and the liquid would probably penetrate it better, that's my opinion.I would still recommend asking some of the tire guys, might still be a few old timers around that are good at vulcanizing. Good luck.

Re: Tire lug repair January 12, 2017 02:08PM
Go to hardware store by roofing ! It's a black tare-coak , for chinmy (spelling) in a cauk tube . Worked for me !!

Re: Tire lug repair January 14, 2017 03:31PM
Had one do the same thing on a set of 20.8 double cuts.I was told to use super glue,it worked great ,was two seasons ago and still holding.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520