7.8 head studs water cooler and other ford stuff March 01, 2017 01:07AM
At what point in pulling do you need head studs on the 7.8. And if so who's studs you get?. Also putting a genesis head on 401 again block what headmaster and head bolts are to be used. Has anyone used a water cooled intake on a 7.8 at high hopes applications. Any info u have is great...thanks

Re: 7.8 head studs water cooler and other ford stuff March 02, 2017 02:49PM
If you want head studs you can run them but they are not needed, The water intake is probably ok to use if you take the cooler out, I wouldn't use the cooler but if your going to take the cooler out you should probably just use the regular intake. There are a couple different intakes and two different sizes I recommend the large diameter one off the 270 hp air to air intercooler manifold. There may be other head gaskets that work but I can get you one that I know will work. 717-263-0705. weld the crank gear tight or have it keyed, keyed is best but weld will work also. If your running under 3500 rpms you don't have to do any thing else just run it, if over 3500 you need to do some oiling mods.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009