Want anyone's opinion... March 18, 2017 09:32AM
Take any class – for the sake of conversation let's pretend horsepower is irrelevant . What do some of the best drivers do to be so successful? Not trying to be nosy and get anyone's top-secret info – just thought it'd be a fun topic. What makes a lesser horsepower tractor or truck sometimes at the top?. I think we all know the most horsepower doesn't always win.

Re: Want anyone's opinion... March 18, 2017 12:50PM
Knowledge, experience and just plain old luck. The note pad in the toolbox gets pulled out and notes made every pass good bad or otherwise. = data

Re: Want anyone's opinion... March 18, 2017 11:26PM
Weight balance, tires, tire pressure, the specific line on the track. Having way more hp than the rest will put you on top most of the time, but there is no such thing as an unbeatable tractor. And yes, luck is definitely a factor!

Re: Want anyone's opinion... March 21, 2017 06:16AM
I would happen to agree with everything that was said there is a lot that goes into tractor pulling with setting up a tractor from checking the track to tire PSI
tread design weight location hitch location and height , I am seeing a lot more where certain tractor setups are over powering the track causing a poor hookup
and a lower hp tractor winning. On the exstream side I have seen a super MTA beat a 1456 in a 7,500 lb class due to hp and hook up.( Every dog has its day)

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard