New classes vs legacy classes March 23, 2017 02:37AM
Why is it so wrong to have the legacy classes listed below, and welcome the new blood and passion for the sport.

The non growth in those big hp classes are the reason these new classes have gained traction at bigger venues.

My stance is that money and more options in classes are the reason there is no growth in the mentioned legacy classes.

But why does there need to be a "fix" of some sorts.

The promoters know what works for their pulls and fans. It doesn't need to be a blanket national rule change or class change to make pulls better.

The GN level is starting to add some of the new classes for variety, and on the region and state level they get these new classes full time and may have 1 legacy class just for a high hp class.

Is this situation like the 90s? No, but does that mean it's a bad thing? There are a lot of things we no longer do that we used to in the 90s.

To me the bigger issue of growing a pull is what works locally for that promoter and keep adding to it each year. If a promoter needs a combo DSS/USS class to make fill their seats, they are already dead before they start.

NTPA, PPL, Outlaws etc have a good product to offer, and I think the promoters that work with the best options for their area, succeed very well and are growing.

And the Let's Grow Pulling crowd is probably doing more for pulling than any class or rule can do. Promoters that utilize that media, I think will see benefits from it.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2017 03:53AM by AV.

Re: New classes vs legacy classes March 23, 2017 03:42AM
AV, thanks for your post and input on the topics on the page. I think your first two points are why something needs to be done. Non growth and money are why there are new classes, which is just another way of saying no growth and to much money in the legacy classes. I am very excited about some of the new classes that are growing.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: New classes vs legacy classes March 23, 2017 04:10AM
First though to have a problem, a promoter needs to see it in the stands, then the promoter defines the issue, then we need to fix the issue either at a promoter level or organization level. The money flows or doesn't and is usually easily identified.

Have the promoters that have identified an issue with low fan count tied it to problems in the legacy classes? Would a fix in those classes fix the promoters issue?

Regarding money, how do we rewind the money in those classes? The new classes that popped up were a direct correlation to spending less money.

If we could accomplish this feat in a sensible manner, there are already so many other classes people have built for or can build for.

For example look at how many past dss guys are pulling light pro stocks.

Would some come back to dss if the cost was lowered? Maybe. I don't know that answer.

GN will have more DSS this year I believe. Outlaws and region will have some issues with cross over, which can be an issue come summer.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2017 04:15AM by AV.

Re: New classes vs legacy classes March 23, 2017 04:37AM
AV, did the outlaws follow through with the restrictor plate idea? And if so what are your thoughts on it and will anyone put in the effort to run regional events and outlaws?

Re: New classes vs legacy classes March 23, 2017 05:19AM
No restrictor plates.

For me personally it wouldnt have effected us as our top turbos are smaller than the restriction they were proposing.

It would have put a cap at an air inlet size but would have made turbos and wheels a lot more expensive to work under the restriction.

Making the class 7500 lbs would probably do more than that restriction would have, idk.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,657, Posts: 229,735, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,071, Posts: 225,919.

Our newest member JD_8520