Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 25, 2017 12:13AM
Wanted to share my opinion on the Cornhusker Classic.

Was out there yesterday, not able to go back today due to a family conflict.

But wow, I was impressed. Event has gotten better and better each year.

1. Indoor pits make or break that deal and man we they nice! Tons of room, all cement. Probably the best setup of any indoor event I've been to.

2. Good class selection and a nice turnout of good tractors!

3. Crowd was late arriving but filled in well.

4. I thought the water bottle deal for the class winner was unique and pretty cool as well.

5. Smoke tube worked great, probably the best job of keeping fumes out of the building as any ive been to.

Overall, well done Melissa and that group. Really enjoyed it. It's a great facility for that type of event, I hope it continues to get better each year. Thanks!!

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 25, 2017 02:21PM
Any results

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 25, 2017 04:18PM
Elmer gave everyone a driving lesson. Little Temptation, Green Lightning, Mr. Yuk.
Forever Green, Just Another Buck, Live Action.
Special Edition, Gopher, Limited Edition (could be wrong on this order)

Great pull. Need lots more seating. Get rid of the background music. Great job by the announcer out of Nebraska-- knows the pullers and talks about tractor history. Does a great job interviewing pullers, especially as the class is still going on. The other announcer out of Texas. He doesn't know much about pulling and I'm not sure why he's even there.

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 26, 2017 02:35AM
Anyone video?

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 26, 2017 05:43AM
Attended All three sessions. Pull was really well run. Saturday night place was packed. There were so many people that they had no place to put all of them. The indoor pits were a blast for the kids. Got to talk with drivers and get photos up close. Track looked decent especially for an indoor pull. I was impressed with how well they did with setting the sled. That was kind of entertaining for us as we kept bets on what they would do and man we kept getting it wrong and they kept getting right. Cost me some beers. I would of thought several times they had it wrong and then the class would all pull to the sand. UNLSS was probably the best class especially Saturday night.. Elmer put on a show. The smoke tube broke, but they were able to make a quick repair. . Pull was a lot of fun. Hope to be back next year.

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 26, 2017 01:59PM
Congratulations to Green Lightning Pulling Team!!!!

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 26, 2017 03:29PM
This was my 7th year attending pulls at Lincoln and it has improved yearly. Dale Nelson, Melissa Heider and the whole group known as Husker Pull Promotions are doing a tremendous job with their show. I really encourage anyone who wants to see some good iron that you don't see East of the Mississippi to put this on your list to attend.

If I had to point to one class I look forward to it's the Mod class, it definitely has some variety and puts on a good show, and I'm admittedly a "hooded tractor" guy. The group is also putting in a lot of effort to make the track better each year also. They have the great capability to make it a good antique track and then turn around and make it work well for the hotter stuff too. Brandon Bungart puts together some great sled settings, he's got the setup spot-on for all the classes he hooks there.

One of my favorite stops of the year, a great way to wrap up the indoor season before planting season goes full-blast. My thanks to the Husker Pull Promotions crew for all they do and I look forward to a return trip in 2018.

Here's Friday night video I shot until the phone died...

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 27, 2017 02:56AM
Our first time attending , and I was impressed. Pit situation was great. Thanks to Melissa and Dale and the crew for the great show. Live feed and replay that Alan and Teter did was very good. Thanks for the complement about the mods Brian Lively, our class has really stepped it up this year, everyone made a good pass and you are correct the variety is a very good thing for a mod class.

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 27, 2017 04:11AM
Glad someone else recognized how great that mod class was. By far my favorite classs of the weekend where else can you go and see that kind of variety in one spot. I've been to a lot of big pulls including grand national ntpa and champions tour ppl yes the big mod classes are Impressive with 10k+ horsepower but they are all cookie cutter hemi powered rides gets boring after awhile. Just an awesome show all around the unlimiteds also put on one heck of a show on Saturday and the stands were packed. Will for sure attend again next year can't wait

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 28, 2017 01:49PM
Thanks for the compliment. I try my best and have fun doing it. It's a fun job to have and the pullers can be a lot of fun to be around so it makes it really easy to do. Makes it a lot easier to do the research on them when you can sit down with them and have a conversation away from the track. Thanks again.
Chris Kurpgeweit
Announcer-Nebraska Bush Pullers

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 27, 2017 06:06AM
does anyone have video or an explanation of Elmer's pass with the Little Temptation? just curious to see or hear about it. Thanks.

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 27, 2017 08:26AM
Can be found on Facebook under Temptation Pulling Team

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 27, 2017 01:29PM
Elmer's class obviously had some tough competitors, but a few had a tough time finding the right weight placement, reading the track or even keeping it in bounds. All Elmer did was make two textbook perfect passes deep into the sand pile. Amazing!

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 30, 2017 07:55AM
The best pull to date this year. Just has improved every year and lots of new tractors and Outlaw tractors. The best classes were the Unlimited and Modified tractors. Good iron and lots of variety. The Light Supers put on a good pull and good to see the tractors legal again and close finish. The Weapon looked like it use to with a light front end and dog walking down through there.

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 31, 2017 02:06AM
Just hope they don't do something dumb like change the event next year! Have heard rumors that Bush is out in 2018! Hope this dosen't happen. Keep hearing they want a different show for next year. Show is getting better and better. It's not broke, please don't break it.

Re: Cornhusker Classic Opinion March 31, 2017 01:49PM
Why mess with success? Sounds like a stupid rumor to me.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520