Showdown In Curdtown 2017- Ellsworth, WI April 05, 2017 05:20PM
This is mostly directed to Doug Borth, but anyone is free to chime in.

First of all, thank you Doug for promoting such an amazing pull. This will be my third year attending Showdown In Curdtown. My questions to you are;

1) Ticket prices and when gates open? Same as last year?
2) Will there be open pits and if so when will they open?
3) Adding any more seating?
3) Do you know of any knew vehicles that will be debuting in Ellsworth?
4) Any new big names that will be making the trip for the first time besides the Grand National Modified pullers?
5) What do you expect the numbers in each class to be?

And speaking of the Grand National Modified class, I can't wait for those who don't get to attend pulls like Tomah, Hillsboro, or Hutchinson, MN to finally get a taste of those massive machines.

Again thank you for doing a fantastic job promoting this pull. We fans know how much hard work and effort you put into this pull to make the pull better each and every year. June 10th can't come soon enough and hope to see you then!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2017 05:28PM by Brent Yaron.

Re: Showdown In Curdtown 2017- Ellsworth, WI April 06, 2017 07:28AM
Thanks Brent for the kind words! However I am only one person in our group who puts in hours and hours of time to make this go.......I will attempt to answer your questions to the best of my ability:

We have not determined gate time yet..... with a 6:30 start time we will move it up from last year. Admission will stay the same...... $15 adults (13+) $10 7-12 and 6 and under free!

Our pits are always open......, you are free to come early in the morning if you wish there are no set times however the pits behind the bleachers are considered "hot pits" and require NTPA credentials to enter

We have added additional seating above what was added last year bringing us to roughly 5500 seats

I am not aware of any specific debuts at this time......I have heard about some new vehicles in the works but nothing set. I am aware of some class changes for past competitors mainly from Super Farm to Lim Pro but it is not my place to name names

As for "big names" that can be a crap shoot from year to year.........I am not aware of anything yet but we may see more iron from the west coast if scheduling allows

As for class size I would expect classes in the 10-15 range....... semis and diesel supers will be less most likely, Mods about 10 (7 pre commits) and Two wheel drive and Super Farm could be slightly higher as that has been our history. I would expect 100 hooks for the night.

As we continue to grow so does our expenses...... if anyone wishes to become a sponsor and would like more information don't hesitate to ask! Feel free to contact me at(612) 802-4447

Re: Showdown In Curdtown 2017- Ellsworth, WI April 06, 2017 04:27PM
Why would anyone support this pull after what Doug did to the neighboring FFA Alumni...I wouldn't support an FFA Alumni that has a Vice President that would go out of his way to have the neighboring town's FFA Alumni get there WTPA pull canceled!!....Opps you don't want anyone to know about this! For those that don't know what Mr. Borth did...the neighboring town had a WTPA Pull getting booked for June 16th...I'm sure some of you saw it on WTPA Website...so Doug went out of his way to call down to one of the big shots for NTPA and got there pull canceled for that date..so may I ask? Why anyone would support an FFA Alumni thats only mission is there own big EGO!!

Josh

Re: Showdown In Curdtown 2017- Ellsworth, WI April 06, 2017 04:34PM
What town was getting a pull? Never heard or saw anything about it. Whatever you say about him has nothing to do with me. What I do know is that Doug does a wonderful job putting together one of the best pulls in the state. Whatever else happens can be settled on their own like grown ups. Not what you are doing bashing someone for doing business.

Re: Showdown In Curdtown 2017- Ellsworth, WI April 06, 2017 04:36PM
Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions. I will have to come over early the day of the pull and check out the pits. Can't wait for the first big pull of the year for me, it's always a great time in curdtown!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2017 05:54PM by Brent Yaron.

Re: Showdown In Curdtown 2017- Ellsworth, WI April 06, 2017 05:00PM
Hey Brent did you read Borths comment he is just one of many who put on the pull so quit giving him a bigger ego. Also heard the same story about him screwing over another pull. Personally if you ask me Doug Borths is an arrogant Bully.

Re: Showdown In Curdtown 2017- Ellsworth, WI April 06, 2017 05:57PM
You're right I did misread that. Thanks for point that out. And don't tell me you wouldn't be proud of putting together a pull like he has. I don't know about the screwing over another pull thing, but I'm sure there is more to it than you know.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM