Grand National Prostocks June 03, 2017 07:46PM
What happen to the Prostock class this year. 17 in the chase last year down to 10 this year. Guess I'll stay home this year. Prostock without Warpath is like taking Jeff Gordon out of Nascar.

Re: Grand National Prostocks June 04, 2017 01:42AM
Well it was the first Gn hook and it was way out in NC, also heard Cope isn't chasing this year, spending more time with family.

Re: Grand National Prostocks June 04, 2017 07:10AM
22 hooks all over hells half acre, no money for the bottom half of the class, Carlton Cope is not made of money like a lot of these guys, and if you chase GN points all summer, it's likely that your business that pays the bills to buy your parts will suffer. NTPA needs a precommit plan and sponsors like PPL, the money has to trickle down to those providing the show or it's not going to continue working!

Re: Grand National Prostocks June 04, 2017 12:12PM
I completely get the family deal, and the cost of making it to all these pulls has to be enormous. His family and his life is WAY MORE IMPORTANT then my selfish desire to see him beat a John Deere. The five priorities in life: God, family, self, work,and tractor pulling.

Re: Grand National Prostocks June 04, 2017 02:12AM
It is only the first hook and some pullers may still be finishing up on the tractor for the pulling season. I'm sure there will be a few more at Hutch and Tomah in the coming weeks.

Re: Grand National Prostocks June 04, 2017 03:48AM
Looks like many pullers are deciding to stay closer to home this season. Precommits were usually always filled but not so this year. Might be a good thing for the state and region pulls as they will get a few more truck and tractors at their events.

Re: Grand National Prostocks June 04, 2017 03:34AM
I imagine it has something to do with 22 hooks from North Carolina to Wisconsin. Benson is GALOT's baby, why do the PS have to run their too? How much more time and money is this class supposed to pony up in order to compete for the championship?

Re: Grand National Prostocks June 04, 2017 04:55AM
Overall, the PreCommit program is better filled this year as compared to the past, probably, four years.
Perhaps with all the spring rain, farmers likely are trying to get finished on planting crops with then an importance on weed spraying. That is the situation here.
Had some really good numbers in some of Benson classes.

Nothing wrong with a GN PS show with 10 entries. Can always count on great action in that class, unless something drastically goes mechanically wrong, which certainly can with those engines.
Once any class gets into twenty some entries, it's just too many and can lose the interest in watching them. Especially in a class that is not that much personal appeal to start with.

Re: Grand National Prostocks June 04, 2017 08:13AM
10 entries can easily generate 15-17 passes on the track with NTPA. That's called economy of scale.Eye Rolling

Re: Grand National Prostocks June 10, 2017 12:18AM
Is Cope going to be running the OSTPA alittle more this year?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,958, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,041.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009