Pro stocks- Bowling Green and Tomah June 24, 2017 06:00AM
54 pro stocks- at N.G. last year and 16 at Tomah. Why such a difference?

Re: Pro stocks- Bowling Green and Tomah June 24, 2017 06:57AM
Take a moment and look at the schedules...... Tomah weekend there is the pull in Tomah, a pull in Bellafontaine Ohio and a pull in Mound City Mo. Bowling Green weekend there is only one pull.

Re: Pro stocks- Bowling Green and Tomah June 24, 2017 07:10AM
You are not comparing apples to apples...Tomah had 20 last year both sessions. No Warpath, Soupline, or the 2nd Mac tractor this year running GN. Plus a couple others missing. There are many factors that go into them having lower turnouts.
1. PPL has the Prostocks in Mound City during Tomah
2. BG is surrounded by a hot bed of Prostocks in Ohio and Indiana(not that Wisconsin and Illinois are bad themselves with PS numbers)
3. Time of year kinda helps too
4. BG is just the Grand Daddy of all the pulls.

Look at the bright side with Tomah...The LSS class looked to be real strong with 23 tough tractors and the addition of the Light pros looked to be a success. Still a great pull...if you want to watch Prostock pulling come to Ohio. Class is always strong whether it is Region2 or GN NTPA, PPL, and OSTPA has some good ones too.

Re: Pro stocks- Bowling Green and Tomah June 24, 2017 12:42PM
Pro stock which is still my favorite class is a dying class. Jake said it on this board many years ago and I agreed with him. I certainly appreciate how much power the big block deeres can make and a IH can still sneak a win out every now and then but the class is dying. I can't imagine what it would cost to keep a pro stock running all year

Re: Pro stocks- Bowling Green and Tomah June 24, 2017 12:56PM
That, and the fact that we now have light prostock, limited prostock, light limited prostock and I wish it was a prostock.

Re: Pro stocks- Bowling Green and Tomah June 25, 2017 04:50AM
You make a solid point there.

Re: Pro stocks- Bowling Green and Tomah June 25, 2017 09:40AM
If you want prostocks to survive as a class, start with the parts manufacturers, for what they need for pumps and turbos anymore they are becoming much to comfortable charging wealthy people whatever they want, even if people have to money it gets to a point where enough is enough .

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,781, Posts: 229,964, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,046.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009