Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 10:23AM
Is the Ross tractor an all Hypermax setup? They have been extremely dominate, doesn't look like they are beatable, if the tractor stays healthy. Anybody know what the major difference is with the tractor that has them so far ahead? I heard they were pushing 5000 HP, just impressive to watch.

Re: Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 10:44AM
I think they use Columbus turbos, not sure on engine internals but most likely hyper, they spend lots of time and money on r&d and the dyno and have it flowing pretty good, they are very thorough and don't often leave loose ends .

Re: Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 11:23AM
They got beat at mercer raceway by a Deere

Re: Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 11:42AM
They did to,Froggy smoked them.congraulation to Stanley!!

Re: Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 11:42AM
that deere is a back of the pack tractor if it ran the grand nat circuit. ross may have missed their setup or they may have been just doing a test and tune. a good deisel on the east coast is simply a class filler against ross lehn burge schlabach and blagrave. the top deere ss is raymond but it was pretty cool to see perterson shake up the order in nc.

Re: Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 11:46AM
That Deere will run with any diesel in the nation.

Re: Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 12:11PM
The Ross team decided to run Triple Bypass at the NTPA weight setup to test for Benson instead of running 9000 pounds like they would have been allowed to run. Froggy is a solid tractor but would probably be a mid pack tractor at a lot of NTPA pulls but would atleast be competitive. I wish he would come test the waters some...maybe at BG! Fred showed up a couple of years ago with his SSD and Russ has pulled Loose Cannon there the last couple years and that tractor is a threat to win pro stock hooks wherever he shows up...just lacks consistency sometimes.

Re: Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 12:15PM
sure hes allowed to run with them but he cant run at the top of the gn class. if he was as strong as you say he would go to a gn pull and prove it. hildebrand and auen both have really nice state level or regional level tractors but they arent national level ss

Mercer 2017

Mercer, PA Results
Smokers
1 Stanley Auen JD 7920 9000 Froggy 324.05
2 Jason Svonavek JD 2016 10000 Bootlegger 319.6
3 Henry Everman MX 255 9500 Final Decision 317.76
4 Henry Everman Puma 8700 Forced Decision 317.23
5 Jodi Ross McCormick 9000 Triple Bypass 305.7
6 Justin Martin Case IH Whatcha Looking At 236.11
7 John Cespedes G1000 10000 Fools Gold 225.47
8 David Everman IH 8700 Overuled 123.25

no offense but not the best class of tractors to compare with. watch the smoke from triple bypass something not 100%. auen and hildebrand are pretty close in hp and the 2015 bowling green results are a pretty good indicator of where froggys would finish most of the time with the big boys. its a good tractor but not a great tractor.

Re: Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 12:26PM
Triple Bypass is by far the best SSD in the country! They have put a lot of time and work into that machine...love watching it. They might have a better year this year than they did last year...and that is scary good. I'd say Red Horse will sneak away with a win at Chapel Hill and maybe someone else might wrestle 1 or 2 wins away from the Ross's but I would say they are going to be the favorite to win at every hook. Can't wait til they get the other one out!!!

Re: Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 12:58PM
totally agree. when i said auen and hildbrand where close in hp i meant to each other. neither of them are close to ross [or any of the gn regulars]. i think bone twister lock and load and red horse could pick up wins if ross stumbles but youre right ross is the clear favorite and he'll have to stumble or break. id love to see raymond win to shake up the red parade that thing sounds mean.

Re: Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 01:44PM
Love the way smoke n mirrors spools up...and would love to see him do good and keep the tractor together. I wouldn't count out Hunt when he shows up. I understand what you are saying with Stanley's tractor. Atleast he could be in the ballpark with some of the GN guys unlike a lot of regional tractors...I still like watching most all of the tractors go down the track anyway! Wouldn't beat the most of the GN tractors but with a really good run for him and stumbles by others, he could sneak past some of them every once in awhile. It would still be another decent tractor to watch and add some green. Fred finished decent is session 4 at BG...3 years ago. Still enjoy watching the regional/state guys mix it up with the GN guys. Being from Ohio, we have a lot of regional/state guys that can mix it up in the PS class.

Re: Triple Bypass June 05, 2017 05:10AM
When the hood was cracked opened. It wasn't a Columbus or hyper cover I seen.

Re: Triple Bypass June 05, 2017 05:17AM
When it seen hood cracked open. It wasn't a Columbus or hyper covers I seen.

Re: Triple Bypass June 19, 2017 11:02AM
I got a glance of under the hood in Hutch, 2 big Columbus chargers and one big Wimer.

Re: Triple Bypass June 04, 2017 03:06PM
Colin Ross tonight on SwankOnSports.com said they were working to adjust the new water system, which happens to be much different to spool up the triple turbos than last year.

Re: Triple Bypass June 05, 2017 12:42AM
Ross's are building another tractor?

Re: Triple Bypass June 05, 2017 02:12AM
They got Beck's old hightech redneck and will be doing some pulling with that too eventually

Re: Triple Bypass June 08, 2017 01:36PM
After just watching the video from mercer he clearly overpowered the track. Buzzed em all the way down

Re: Triple Bypass June 08, 2017 02:11PM
I was running the sled for that class of tractor at Mercer. It was obvious from my view that he was playing with things. He also eased out of it about 280-290.

Re: Triple Bypass June 21, 2017 10:20AM
High Tech tractor was Ross tractor originally.

Re: Triple Bypass June 20, 2017 02:11PM
Froggy is a overhead cam so he cant run ntpa i believe.

Re: Triple Bypass June 24, 2017 12:17PM
How many cubic inch , with two stages, runs very well.

Re: Triple Bypass June 25, 2017 05:21AM
Close DSS class at Tomah today, Ross only won by 35 feet!

Re: Triple Bypass June 25, 2017 05:37AM
Ross is proving that thinking outside the box & spending time on R&D counts. I've often thought that the DSS class was still very primitive with the only goal being more boost & how to keep the block together. Shipley has got that thing performing reliably & the others in the class better follow suit because tomorrow is here!

Re: Triple Bypass June 25, 2017 06:00AM
I am just curious what the big differences are from the other hyper setups. But agree, props to them, they have it figured out for sure

Re: Triple Bypass June 25, 2017 06:47AM
"LSS Fan", can you not read, let alone comprehend, what information is being relayed to the reader of this thread. If you did, you would know it is not a "hyper" setup.

Re: Triple Bypass June 25, 2017 08:36AM
It's called cubic dollar. He's outspent most of them 2 to 1. Not bashing them they've worked hard for it but facts are facts. Most can't afford or don't want to spend that much money on a weekly basis for a 1200 dollar if your lucky first place check. It is impressive to watch though.

Re: Triple Bypass June 25, 2017 11:27AM
How do you think they are making more HP if its not with more air and fuel?
Surely your not insinuating he is running mores than 640 cubes, or different fuel?
What box is he outside of?
I thought the rumors were they are running close to 400 psi boost.

Re: Triple Bypass June 25, 2017 11:35AM
they don't sound like a jet turbine for an unknown reason.

Re: Triple Bypass June 25, 2017 03:02PM
One way,
There is effiency of using the fuel and air you have. Valve timing, piston bowl geometry, compression ratio... More RPM's also means more CFM.

I know nothing about their setup, but if it's 2 stages I doubt the boost is anywhere near 400, that would be a very high pressure ratio.

Re: Triple Bypass June 26, 2017 01:30AM
"effiency of using the fuel and air you have. Valve timing, piston bowl geometry, compression ratio.."

Every thing mentioned is well within the box,nothing new about changing these things until the motor makes the most power.

1 cubic foot of air will only make just so much HP, after that limit is reached the only way to more power is adding another cubic foot of air.
The rules are a fairly well defined box so once you have reached max HP for that cubic foot of air how can you add more air and still stay within the rules(BOX)
The point is the Ross's are not thinking out side the box they have figured out a combination that is well inside the box that allows them to pump more air.

Re: Triple Bypass June 26, 2017 12:06PM
I am betting 540

Re: Triple Bypass June 25, 2017 03:18PM
You just stay on the bleachers & gossip with all the rest of the armchair experts. 400psi? That's funny. If I were you, I'd start with buying wine outside the box.....

Re: Triple Bypass June 26, 2017 01:44AM
Congratulations to the Ross Family and their sweep of Tomah this past weekend. May they enjoy the accomplishments they have made. What an awesome tractor to watch pulling. P.S. You will always have a target on you when your on top !!! Wishing them a great pulling season.

Re: Triple Bypass June 26, 2017 09:20AM
Was curious if , motor was 640 cube, or 540, would make big difference at 400psi. Good job Ross family

Re: Triple Bypass June 26, 2017 12:09PM
I am betting it is 540. Would be curious to know either way

Re: Triple Bypass June 26, 2017 02:33PM
Beer money interviewed Colin Ross on Facebook and I remember him saying they were 540 if I recall correctly.

Re: Triple Bypass June 27, 2017 06:02AM
Saw it run in Tomah, also was fortunate to be able to get a close up and personal look in the pits. That thing is PERFECT! it runs like a scalded dog and proved it with a sweep of the weekend.

Ross Crew was very gracious allowing many of us roaming the pits to get a close look under hood, I for one was flat out blown away impressed by how awesome it looked.

I could only dream of ever having a tractor have as nice and run half as good. Hats off to these guys, very impressive!

Red712

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520