Allis-Chalmers 7060 July 10, 2011 12:41PM
I have a 1978, Allis chalmers 7060 which has the Allis Power Direct Transmission. i was told by a close farmer and a friend that the transmission cannot be put under the amount of pressure it will take while pulling. i was hoping i could just increase the pressure on the clutch packs to make them stay in like you want while pulling. i need as much help as possible with this, i want to pull the tractor but cannot afford to blow a transmission, mainly because this is our farms main tractor. if we pull it it will be in a farm stock or something related, nothing that will make you change much more than maybe a fuel pump and some weight related items. thanks.

Re: Allis-Chalmers 7060 July 10, 2011 01:05PM
I know you want to pull but better invest in another tractor if that is all you got because you will be replacing power director and that is not cheap

Re: Allis-Chalmers 7060 July 10, 2011 02:14PM
The power director and transmission are more than heavy enough to do the job if they are in good condition as long as you stay with a stock type pump. Increase the pressure on the PD clutch and double spring the torque limiter and you will be fine. Also, for more acurate information go the "The Few the Proud the Orange" website. There are knowledgeable people on there that are familiar with what you are trying to do.

Re: Allis-Chalmers 7060 July 09, 2017 03:33AM
I have 7080 high to low it stop pulling can I turn pressure up to keep it pulling

Re: Allis-Chalmers 7060 July 09, 2017 04:55AM
The power director will handle 500 hp, go over that then the clutch plates get hot then warp, been there done that. Used plates only 25 bucks, labor intensive though.
The torque limiter will slip, double up springs.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,788, Posts: 229,981, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,102, Posts: 226,059.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009