Standings July 08, 2017 02:19PM
I was looking thru the ntpa/ppl point standings for the first time this year and I see that quite a few tractors are broke or not running for points. I can see a few of them not pulling the early hooks because of farming, etc. I'm just curious is all. Seems like its more noticeable on the ppl side

NTPA: Last Chance ll (ps), The Joker (unlimited)
PPL: Both Greenline Express tractors, El Nino, Linder Brothers, (2) MAC tractors, etc (ps), Fast Lane (USS), Both Chizek tractors (not pulling ppl but pre committed ??)

Question for Rob Trowbridge to-did you sell Disturbed or limited schedule? I like to see the dirty mitten guys do good.

Re: Standings July 08, 2017 02:54PM
Fast Lane is getting a new engine upgrade. And Rob's tractor just pulled yesterday at a region 2 event and took 2nd but was driven by one of his relation.

Re: Standings July 08, 2017 03:00PM
Maybe he'll be at Eaton County on Friday night. Is Fast Lane staying as a V-8?

Re: Standings July 08, 2017 04:06PM
Yeah still a v8 just trying to improve thing for less break downs.

Re: Standings July 08, 2017 05:20PM
We're going to run as much as we can. We didn't run gn again because we knew we couldn't make a few of them. We're planning on coming to Charlotte Friday night. We'll see you there!

Are low crop prices the problem July 09, 2017 12:00AM
Are the prices of corn and beans starting to hurt some of the pullers. Seems like there are more and more guys are sitting the national pulls out. Or only going to the big show.

Re: Are low crop prices the problem July 09, 2017 03:30AM
Maybe but theres a few that don't farm though. It is an expensive undertaking but depending on what you deem 'expensive', it might apply to any hobby. I'll never get the money back that I've put into a couple of my antique tractors, but I enjoy it. Some people might look at sinking a couple thousand into a tractor thats 60+ years old ridiculous but to others, that couple of thousand is 'pocket change'. Same goes for horses, snowmobiling, etc. As for pulling vehicles, the initial cost is huge, but its there in the shop. The cost of going down the road is not cheap, but compared to that initial investment, the travel/maintenace cost is considerably less. Maybe I'm wrong on that though. So, are low crop prices the problem....maybe/maybe not. FYI-I dont pull nor do I farm. Just a fan of both. Rob: Good luck on Friday!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,789, Posts: 229,987, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,102, Posts: 226,064.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009