usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 09, 2017 04:46AM
was at two pulls recently , wonder why are some tractors in hot farm , then at another pull they are in lim. pro/ super farm class .? aren't they at a big disadvantage of power ?? and a lot heavier?? how can they be in 2 classes ?? I am stupid I guess . why intermix ?? just curious.

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 09, 2017 10:38PM
That's what happens when the rules are so close same turbo size,basically same engine size only 40 cubic inches and could still run an intercooler depending on the injection pump. Just change the tires and go

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 10, 2017 03:14PM
Why have rules like that ? Pull in the class you build the tractor for. When I go to watch hot farms that is what I expect and want to see . Same goes when I go see super farms and Lim pros. That's what I want to see , not a class filler . Must be a rick idea to get another buck somehow !!! How can a guy collect points ? One or the other. ?? Or both ???

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 10, 2017 03:37PM
"Eastcoast master", like as is this is an exclusive to FPP only. Get real ! Where have you been the past 50 years? Maybe you are not that old? Or perhaps you're just waking up from a utopian pure dream? If you think this does not happen in NTPA, you better start analyzing their event results, even from this past weekend. Have an open mind, man.

"1466", why even change the tires. Likely the rules do not discriminate against a 20.8's to pull in a 24" class. Rick over the decades has been a master in bringing different classes of vehicles into one class to stage an interesting show. I applaud him for his creativity. Some other organizations should do some learning from him, in this regard.

Out here, we have a strong running IPL Case Hot Farm not afraid to pull against NTPA SF, SSD, Lgt PS and actually does quite well against them on his 20.8's.

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 11, 2017 01:22AM
Reason why this even gets brought up is because a hot farm/ super farm thumped a bunch of tractors the other night. I don't agree with the big cubed hot farm class but it's here. Yes they run good. Some guys are mad cause bunkerhill usually a power track. It wasn't this time. Matter of fact it was poor from years past.who cares if they bump up. If the track is half ways good they're not going to get there anyhow. Btw hats off to the lim pros that got out front. That took some driving. This is no different than when lim pro bump to PS. I no of one or two that could get in the mix at clearfield with them. Nothing to do with HP. Everything to do with track and driving.

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 11, 2017 04:09AM
Well Hoosier ! The reason I related it to full pull / USA east is because that is what the post started as !!!! Not Ostpa or Ntpa or any other organization !!! I know I t happens other places as well . Yes a hot farm can do good on a crap track , they have less h. P. And are heavier. And on a good power track they will be way back . Yes slick rick is a great promoter and has been for many years , hats off to him! On the other hand he can also find a way to put the screws to a class with his innovative ways . If you ever pulled with him you would know he is not interested in what is best for the class but only what will make him a buck !! Look at his lack of numbers in the ps / ss class . Stupid Rules ruined that once good class . The numbers in the Lim pro/ sf are down from past years , wonder why???

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 11, 2017 04:17AM
The hotfarms run at the same weight as the superfarms at 9500lbs even when they choose to jump up they run at 9500 they do not get more weight when they jump
Up. And the one who is the hot topic of this discussion, from the other night weighed 9500lbs and also ran with 24.5s and intercooler with a p pump which would make it a Superfarm.

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 11, 2017 08:47AM
"Eastcoast mastermind", there is absolutely nothing in the first 2 posts that even specify it is Full Pull/USA East. That is your interpretation. Do you not think that cost of these tractors anymore have anything to do with numbers of pullers per affected class being down?
Our Hot Farms out here are nothing to sneeze at power wise. To my knowledge, they are the biggest cubes & turbo found anywhere in the country. Probably part of the reason PPL likes latching onto them for their pulls. Hot Farm rules need to be standarized across the country to allow movement of pullers if they so desire to pull in other states.
But once again, you display eloquently you do not have an open mind.

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 11, 2017 11:44AM
Hoosier nothing in the first post ??? Look at the head line you stupid moron. What does it say ? USA -East Lim pro / super farm . Hence you would relate that to that organization I would think . Obviously you think you are pretty intelligent , so read before you comment or assume. My point is a hot farm in a Lim pro / s.f. Class is a class filler to the audience, the same as a Lim pro is in a full pro stock class . A knife to a gun fight and screw up the works . Maybe s limpro can make the weight and pull hotfarm !

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 11, 2017 12:09PM
Sounds like someone is butt hurt because someone who fits the rules to a T and is legal 100% finnished 2nd. If people would spend less time b*tching on the computer and or even pulled in the class and had a right to complain then maybe they could complain. The fact is there's more to pulling then big Hp and money get over it!

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 11, 2017 12:18PM
Don't think anyone really mentioned a specific tractor or person. But the tractor in oh the other night was a fluke on a crap track ! No disrespect intended.

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 11, 2017 01:37PM
Eastcoast Mastermind.....errrr....Merle

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 11, 2017 11:50AM
Hoosier, Just how big of cubic inch are you speaking of? 510 or 540 or bigger? Also I am guessing you are speaking of the 3" x 3.5" turbos? Or does Indiana have a larger class than that? Yes hot farm rules need standardized that is why back in the spring I posted on here about how OSTPA being a PPL asocciation that picking up the class that is run over your way makes complete sense.

Re: usa east--lim pro/s.f. ---hot farm July 11, 2017 12:22PM
Ok, fine. I was reading the text and obviously ignored the title. I'm sorry. Spinning too many hours. Need sleep. One more chore to do and an early nite for me to go get much needed sleep.
Yes, Ben, its 510 with a 3 x 3.5 turbo. Thanks for agreeing that Hot Farm rules need standardizing.
Good nite.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,764, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,940.

Our newest member Jason