Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 06, 2017 12:51PM
Who make the best rolling chassis for a 4.1 Limited Pro Stock tractor? Ace, Engler, full pull, etc? Is there much difference in each of their designs that make one hook to the track better? Starting to build and want to do it right the first time. Thanks in advance!

Re: Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 07, 2017 12:20AM
Red or green?

Re: Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 07, 2017 12:50AM
Green. Small block

Re: Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 07, 2017 01:58AM
Genes machine shop. He can make some really nice parts for John Deere. Or Tim engler. All depends on budget

Re: Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 07, 2017 03:17AM
Just ask kevin taylor owner of badkitty 3 where not to get one built. He had a frame snap in half on a new tractor he built

Re: Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 07, 2017 03:51AM
How did that happen? And who built it?

Re: Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 07, 2017 04:21AM
Was not the frame builder on Kevins tractor. The owner of the tractor bought frame rails and Welded them to his adapter plate of the trany. And the welds are what failed not the frame rails.

You should try calling Wipeout Enterprises he has a nice fully adjustable frame with spring ride front end. Not sure if he can make it fit a JD but call him and find out.

Re: Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 08, 2017 12:49AM
The Oliver that broke while kevin Taylor was driving had nothing to do with him as said above. He built the engine and was getting it set up for the owner. The owner had the chassis built at a Licened welding shop in Quebec. And as most everyone seen it failed from some very bad welds on the face plate of tranny. Kevin Taylor does extermly good work when it comes to 3208 cats, one of the few people competing in the heavy pro class with one.

Re: Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 10, 2017 11:58AM
If I read the original question right they were not asking where to not have a rolling chassis built. Don't be a tool.

Re: Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 10, 2017 01:10PM
Yes I know that he didn't ask where not to go. Just making sure everyone knows about the deal with that Oliver that broke. Not many people can make a 3208 cat that is completely bulletproof that turns 6000+ rpms every pass, don't want his name being tarnished. Lots of incorrect rumors are already going around from the Facebook videos on beer money

Re: Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 10, 2017 09:42AM
Yes the frame on kevins tractor was brought in built ready to go. Kevin did the rest he knows how to put the right peices where they go. That tractor going the make the red guys nervous when she gets going

Re: Best place to have a rolling chassis built August 12, 2017 08:29AM
I'd let Jason Hootman build a chassis no matter what class. His work is solid and he stands behind it completely. And his welds are a thing of beauty. He'd be my first call. Just my $0.02.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,652, Posts: 229,727, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,069, Posts: 225,914.

Our newest member JD_8520