Skid Steer Scraper ideas August 27, 2017 06:44AM
Our local venue is looking to make or buy a rake/scraper to be mounted on a skid steer for the end of the track. This year we used a Bobcat with just a bucket and it worked well but it seems that the large venues have a rake attachment. What is everyone's experience with theses? Any tips?

I found this website on a web search but I wasnt sure if other organizations had different ideas.

[danielmfg.com]

Thanks

Re: Skid Steer Scraper ideas August 27, 2017 11:05AM
[bbuiltmfg.com]

Re: Skid Steer Scraper ideas August 27, 2017 01:22PM
Been building and running scraper for good 15 years went to bg Friday and they used them just fill in burn out hole looked like best thing I ever seen if hane enough man power to run skidloader and scraper tractor and roller

Re: Skid Steer Scraper ideas August 27, 2017 01:43PM
Over the decades, I have seen a lot of ways to fill in the tire holes. These Rakes are the slickest and most efficient way to accomplish such job. Always have it out there first and holes filled by time the angled track scraper comes followed immediatley by packer. One of these Rake's should be mandatory at all pulls.

Toby at New Hampton, IA pull is a super efficient operator of the one he homebuilt. I have seen other Rakes at other pulls and always the same great result. Just make certain a very skilled skid steer operator is operating the rig. This is just one means to help reduce the time between hooks.

And to help further with that objective, the combination Angled Track Scraper mounted underbody to a tractor that pulls a rubber tired packer is a very efficient way to quickly and very effectively maintain a pulling track.

Just 2 units of equipment (thus 2 skilled operators) can quickly maintain a very fair pulling track and this reduces a lot of congestion out on track.

Re: Skid Steer Scraper ideas August 28, 2017 02:18AM
The first one of these ever used was at the Iowa State Fair and can't remember who it was that built it. That was tight clay that wouldn't come out of the bucket if you tried conventional method. After that Outlaws used at other pulls including the Western Farm Show for same reason.

Re: Skid Steer Scraper ideas August 28, 2017 03:31AM
Toby had been using his at Waverly, IA pull well before it was used anywhere else.

Re: Skid Steer Scraper ideas August 27, 2017 05:09PM
Only thing to add is WATER!!!!!!!!
The V scraper should have a water tank on, and FULL!!!!!!!! Even if you think it will not get used.
Toby sells his scrapers also!
Also agree with long timer, need experienced skid loader operators! This is not the place to train your kid to operate a skid loader!
AND, when things are running well, DO NOT change operators!!!!!!

Re: Skid Steer Scraper ideas August 28, 2017 05:06AM
I'm not so interested in who was the first, but I think every event should use them!

Re: Skid Steer Scraper ideas August 28, 2017 05:47AM
Reason I think there are great. If right person operating one there is a lot let dirt being taking off the tracks. The operator at Hillsboro pull was over half the at down track dispersing the dirt at times. Seems to crumble the dirt more and pack back in better. Would difiantly agree has to be an experience operator for better results

Re: Skid Steer Scraper ideas August 28, 2017 04:16PM
Bremer has lost Toby some work at pulls by running his fingers on the computer and word processor too much!
With "friends" like him, Toby needs no enemies!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,726, Posts: 229,858, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,981.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro