hillsdale michigan October 01, 2017 11:07PM
I must say Hillsdale put on a very nice pull the new track shows a lot of potential for the future. My only concern was one competitor that pushed some safety limits by going out 370' into no mans land im not sure what he was trying to prove

Re: hillsdale michigan October 02, 2017 12:39AM
That's actually not the new track yet. All they did this year was level off the existing race track. There plans are to bring in clay and build a new track they just had ran out of time this summer to get it done. But yeah this year was a lot better than years past much smoother of a ride and was a very even competitive track.

Re: hillsdale michigan October 02, 2017 08:42AM
Great pull at the Hillsdale, Mich fair. That combo class is a very good class to watch and nice mix of tractors. But that 370 foot pull was a bit much. Like I said a great state hook.Thanks

Re: hillsdale michigan October 02, 2017 12:29PM
Pertaining to the 370' pull. At the driver's meeting it was said that it was a floating finish line, the flag man never raised the red flag to stop so he thought it was safe. But yes it was a ways farther than the rest of the class. Kudos to the Hillsdale fair on improving the pull!

Re: hillsdale michigan October 03, 2017 04:40AM
I could have flagged Sid at 330-340 and he would have coasted another 25 or so. I probably should have thrown flag earlier as there was no one going to touch him. However, on Friday, when Don Deane went 330+, I said "ain't nobody going to beat that" and then Bob Jostock came up and did, hence my reaction on Saturday. Actually, the track after 320 was better than the measured pulling surface. Bob Jostock was in the same predicament with his 345 or so. He could have kept going a long ways, too. The track was not sub-par. as some have claimed. The scraper/roller combo sure does make a world of difference as far as track maintenance goes. JW

Re: hillsdale michigan October 03, 2017 09:46AM
My only question is how can a grand national over head cam alcohol pull at the state level. When you have a class that the top 5 minus sid.... within 10ft or so then you have a tractor that by the rules shouldnt even be there.... beat the rest of the class by 70 ft? All that it does is make the rest of the class look silly.

Re: hillsdale michigan October 04, 2017 12:50AM
That class is called SS-Combo. Each level is handicapped to try to make them somewhat equal. SF, LtPro, LmtPro, PRO, SSD, Alky,....basically a tractor class. Sid has been beaten many times competing in this class He seldom comes--normally only a couple of times a year. There were a couple tractors missing that would have been right there with him. That was the best hook I have seen Sid make while officiating. JW

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,681, Posts: 229,783, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason