Tomah 2018 October 05, 2017 07:25AM
Because pulling until 3:00am Sunday morning wasn't a long enough session this year.
Tomah 2018

Re: Tomah 2018 October 05, 2017 07:52AM
As a local, I am sad to see the sunday session go. Tomah is a very big event to me. But i do understand that not everybody is 15 minutes away like I am and has a long drive home. The "extended lineups" for the rest of the show intrigues me as to when they are going to start sessions and what classes are put where. Also there are a couple rumors of adding another light pro class or adding limited pros. Time will tell.

- Collin Birkholz

Re: Tomah 2018 October 05, 2017 08:23AM
To regards for pulling till 3 in the morning, that was caused by a 2 and a half hour rain delay and a tractor having extreme breakage. Otherwise, it would have ended around midnight. I was there the entire time too.

Anyways, I think this is a wonderful change. A lot of pullers have left Sunday session because they have a long trip back home. After seeing how well it worked at Bowling Green this year, I am excited for Tomah next summer. Also, I think the session will only get better especially if they add 1 or 2 sessions of the Light or Limited Pro Stocks. It's going to be fun to see what the changes are for all events this year when the schedule comes out.

Re: Tomah 2018 October 06, 2017 02:39AM
would love to see the 4.1 come to tomah...thats getting to be a big class... make room for them.

Re: Tomah 2018 October 06, 2017 04:38PM
As it relates to the "running till 3am" sentiment,,, I would say do away with the class that took till 3 am to run (superfarm) and put in Limited Pro.
Better class, run faster, no complaining,,,,,,
DONE!

Re: Tomah 2018 October 07, 2017 01:15AM
While I don't disagree with what you suggest, some of the problem was the rain delay. The biggest problem, I believe, was the poor planning of putting the 2 biggest classes of the night on the same track. They should have been split up and that would have sped up the show.

Re: Tomah 2018 October 09, 2017 06:51AM
Limited Pro's should stay regional. The class is no different than the SF or Pro Stocks anyway. At least the lite's add some color and exciting pulling. If they really want this to work, they will have to limit the class sizes. Let Bowling Green have their monstrous class sizes, Tomah should concentrate on quality instead of quantity.

Re: Tomah 2018 October 10, 2017 04:20AM
I tend to agree, I love seeing "Smoke" but the SF class was huge as was the truck class that ran that night. Any class with 30+ in it needs to be broken up into smaller or limited by region or invite. I sat until 1am and left, just too long a night. Sunday session was really poorly attended so doing away or changing the schedule to allow pulls to finish by Saturday night and "Head for home" Sunday morning I think is a great change.

Just my 2 cents red712

Re: Tomah 2018 October 11, 2017 05:33AM
Can I ask why you think "ONLY" the SF class is to blame for 3 AM finish? There were three factors that "WEREN'T" caused by the SF class. 1- one hour and 45min rain delay! [ Which means the pull never even started untill 8:45 PM ] 2- Who in their right mind would put the two biggest classes of the night on one track with their rediculious PULL-OFF' thinking. [ There were 30-4X4 and 43 SF = 73 HOOKS on Grand stand side, 13 Mod, 19 Mini, 17 PS = 49 HOOKS on Pit side] Do the math, that is 24 extra hooks X 4 min/ hook (That is extremly fast for NTPA, just using a positive # for NTPA) = 96 minutes. Pit side track sat EMPTY for a hour and a half at the minumum. Those 2 factors alone = OVER 3 HOURS and 15 MINUTES of wasted time which would of probably made it get over at "about 11:45. Now for the big one. 3- The Breakage, thank God Bill was unharmed! but never the less EVERY class has breakage. Been pulling a long time and that was one of the worst ones I've seen in SF. The SS seem to always have a problem or a Mini rod and it's just Tractor Pulling. When it takes 3 loaders to clean off the track, it takes time (30-45min)
So Please tell me again why you are blaming the SF class for 4 hours of your wasted time that they never had control of

Re: Tomah 2018 October 11, 2017 06:03AM
I went to bed at 12:00 , missing most of the superfarms and the big accident, and don't regret it a bit, so it went late big deal I left when I had my fill.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009