Mongomery Wards Tractors November 16, 2017 07:52AM
OK, I know I read a thread on here years ago concerning HR, HW, ER and EW Montgomery Wards tractors. I need some help because I found one sitting in a fence row. I know it's not factory. From what I discovered, it's powered by a 1951 Chrysler 331 Hemi (I checked the engine serial number) and it also appears to have the fluid drive. I know it was repowered because with what little I can find out (and I mean very little), they only came with two different cu. in.flathead 6's and a straight 8 as an option. It would take a lot of work, but I know this tractor can be restored. My main question is, who do I get more information from? Are there any clubs or groups out there for Wards tractors? I've been searching, but no luck. Also, does anyone know how to tell which model this one is? It's a tricycle front end, so I know it's either a HR or ER. Any help will be very appreciated.

Montgomery Wards Tractors November 16, 2017 07:55AM
The heading should have been Montgomery Wards, I dropped the "T". Sorry!

Re: Mongomery Wards Tractors November 16, 2017 08:18AM
theres a few facebook groups.the same motor,hood,fenders were known as ...lehr,jumbo,rockol,lowther,simpson,and probably a few more names..they were the true first component tractors in pulling,and 40 years before the modern day component was established

Re: Mongomery Wards Tractors November 16, 2017 09:36AM
Call 608-501- 8one2six

Re: Mongomery Wards Tractors November 17, 2017 11:43AM
Ther was lots of early model tractors just like the wards that was built like a component F20 Farmals f30s Wc Allis chamblers some Massey Harris and a lot others

Re: Mongomery Wards Tractors November 17, 2017 01:44PM
The HR came with the 230 Chrysler and the ER with the 250 Chrysler...The 230 is 23 inches long and the 250 is 25 " long..The ER has a thicker frame and is much harder to find than a HR..As far as I know the straight 8 was never offered in the Wards tractors...A few Custom tractors had the straight 8 in them..I have original sales literature for the HR Wards..Over the years I have owned 4 Wards tractors and currently have an ER..

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM