Farm and machinery show selection committee December 01, 2017 05:12AM
I would like to know why you called it 8500 light pro when you clearly went out of the spectrum of what the light pro class is? And why did you pick tractors That have never pulled in the light pro class.and if you wanted color why is there no Allis chalmers in there and why is there only one John Deere in there. I think you should apologize to the fans that are thinking they are coming down to watch the actual light pro stock class . You lead everybody to believe this was going to be a super Bowl championship caliber class and you invited a bunch of high school teams.

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 01, 2017 05:59AM
Is the list questionable? Yes I would say so. They put two a-pump tractors in, technically not light pros. But they do run very well. Did they accept all champions they should have? No, they missed the region 4 light pro champ but that wasn't decided until the day before applications were due. Did they select a Massey that was barely out this year? Yes. But it adds to the variety they're looking for and it does run tough. Did they miss the ball on color? Probably could have had more, but it's the same argument as the pro stock class that's 75% green or green blooded. It's not the red tractors fault that they won the championships. I'm not saying in any way that green light pros are slouches. Most of them are top notch and hard to beat but how many of the committe members go out and watch this class to know who runs great? That argument goes for the 4.1 class as well. The class is so full of top notch tractors that may have finished great all year but missed hooks or had breakage that kept them from points titles. It's a very thankless job to go through so many qualified applicants and keep them down to 12. I believe the light pro class will put on a great show and be just fine.

-collin birkholz

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 01, 2017 06:01AM
No where does it say NTPA light pro, and the ones that are not (ntpa) light pro are set up the exact same except pump and they will surprise you with that pump. Or they have the option to change the pump also. Sounds like your just butt hurt you didn't get picked. Not everyone can, wipe your tears and move on. Yeah they probably could of put Kevin Smith in there for a john deere.

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 01, 2017 06:20AM
No it didn't say NT PA but everybody knows light pro class is an NTPa
class .Second of all the post was to the committee not to you so don't call anybody a crybaby ,i'm just saying if you wanted that diverse of a class you should've called 8500 540 class not light pro class.

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 01, 2017 06:28AM
We'll you wrote on a public forum so anyone can comment there crybaby. If you wanted it to go to the committee only, email them direct. Light pro is more than ntpa some just don't call it that the committee just went with an easy name. Get over it you didn't get picked.

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 01, 2017 07:17AM
Thanks for showing me that you're just a pot stir. You probably don't even have a tractor.

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 01, 2017 07:20AM
Hey Jeff isn't that what he was saying that they shouldn't have called it a light pro class because everybody knows that is an NTPA class!!

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 01, 2017 08:11AM
Aww that's cute getting all your buddy to get on here and stick up for you. It's also a PPL class by the way...

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 01, 2017 03:19PM
Personally I think it's awesome that they picked a few Mod Turbos. The Mod Turbo class and most of the pullers in it were essentially running Light Pros before the NTPA ever dreamed up the class.

Let's also not forget that Mod Turbos are 100% legal in the Light Pro class and their rules are almost identical with the exception of the A-pump limit. It's not like they bent the rules to let them in. To my knowledge there's no rule that says you have to be right at the limit of any given class. Saying they don't belong in the Light Pro class is like saying that 3-turbo Diesel supers have no place in the DSS class since the limit is 4 turbos... or like saying that the 6-cylinder Open Supers shouldn't get invited to the class since they are too far under the V-8 limit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 08:36AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 02, 2017 09:42AM
Greg Randall was at Canfield, Ohio specifically to talk to, ask questions and watch the Mod Turbo/Limited Pros the fall before they announced the class. I personally spent time talking with him along with other pullers about the NTPA having the class. We actually recommended them allowing P-Pumps to allow their class to grow itself right from the beginning. Their absolutely should be Mod Turbo tractors at Louisville for this class....this class was directly BORN from an Mod Turbo tractor class.

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 02, 2017 11:06AM
What is the name of the class 8500 light pro stock not mod stock . And everybody likes the color in the class but yet there's no Allis chalmers and no John Deeres what is that all about .

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 02, 2017 11:51AM
And just where do you find this 'list' of invited drivers.?
I have tried googling various ways to NFMS to find the 'list' but every attempt says it will be posted later.

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 02, 2017 01:47PM
Ok
What is the name of the class 8500 light pro stock not mod stock .

So you don't like the name Mod Turbo? Neither do I by the way, honestly I think it's one of the dumbest class names in ALL of pulling. Seriously it's a stupid name. It's a great class though! Do you think they shouldn't be there because their class name is different but their rules are almost identical?

Do you think the OPEN Supers should be allowed to pull against the UNLIMITED Supers?

Louisville also puts PPL's Super Modified 2WD Trucks VS. NTPA's Two Wheel Drive VS. Outlaws Modified 2 Wheel Drive and they also have some different rules... regarding T-buckets and Full body trucks.

Personally I don't think they should pull the Super Modified tractors against the Modified tractors, it just doesn't seem fair. To me that's like pulling the Super Stock tractors against the Stock tractors... and that just isn't fairGrinning

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 03, 2017 03:16AM
How can you have the inaugural class of light pro stocks and not invite at least half of your class from the original tractors that built this class.The red avenger is the only one that should legitimately be in there. He should've not got his second one in there and the two for North Carolina should've been there. Only one of them should of came .that's my question thanks Jake

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 03, 2017 12:04PM
I couldn't agree more no reason for two of the same family tractors to be in the class especially when no orange or green.That is what you get when a board has not pulled in years.Not saying that everyone on there doesn't deserve a spot because they all worked very hard for it.just worried first year at what they call the big show left a few colors out of the show

Re: Farm and machinery show selection committee December 04, 2017 02:09AM
I would imagine that the top guys all applied but maybe there's a chance that some of the tractors that "should be there" didn't apply. Maybe the committee did get the best group that applied? I don't know but I'm personally very excited to watch the class run in Louisville! Even the mod turbo tractors, it will be a good mix!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,652, Posts: 229,725, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,069, Posts: 225,912.

Our newest member JD_8520