What would an ideal puling ap include? January 08, 2018 07:17AM
On another thread, someone responded about including additional stats such as mph and other things. That got me thinking if the big 3 each developed their version of a pulling ap, what type of info should it include?

Imo, a good ap should be basic enough for the casual fan to navigate and find general info, but also include other stats for the more die-hard fans.

I ask all of you- if you could design the ideal pulling ap, what features should it have? What type of stats should it include? (For real time stats at a GN or Champions Tour event, how many additional staff would be needed to provide real-time info?)

Re: What would an ideal puling ap include? January 08, 2018 08:10AM
I think to start it would be great just be the basics. Schedules, results, and news. A great feature I would like to see is alerts like the ESPN app. In the future it could be used as a platform for live steaming.

Gordon Cox

For the Love of Pulling Facebook page

Re: What would an ideal puling ap include? January 09, 2018 03:20PM
I would like to see one with a built in note taking book where you could write how you weighted your tractor, what the track was like, pull location, distance pulled, changes made to the tractor, etc.

I cant remember all this stuff, and I don’t carry a paper around with me. But I would probably get it done on my phone

Re: What would an ideal puling ap include? January 08, 2018 11:17AM
Just kidding

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 09:28AM by Newguy.

Re: What would an ideal puling ap include? January 09, 2018 02:24AM
I think the OP was thinking more along the lines of an "ESPN" type app for results/info, but for pulling, not a game.

---

Re: What would an ideal puling ap include? January 29, 2018 01:14PM
Gordon.. that idea is currently on the board and under way with the team at Pulling Radio Network

as for the app... check out [www.pullinghub.com]

more to come on these two projects...
stay tuned

Agree with above January 29, 2018 01:40PM
To springboard off of mfsuper90, There should be a puller interface to the app for everyone entered at the covered events. That way fans that follow the sport using the app can get behind the scenes info

the app January 29, 2018 02:01PM
the app is a great idea and has been thrown around a lot but if you want to bring in the espn aspect that's fine I get updates on everything sports from espn but the tractor pulling app can absolutely happen BUT lets face the truth right now there are 3 major orgs. and there are numerous so called minor orgs. will the app give you updates on all of pulling or just the orgs. that agree to it because now days there is nothing free everything comes at a price I AM NOT BASHING just asking a basic question that will come up thank you

Re: the app January 30, 2018 01:57AM
I think in order to have info & updates from all major orgs, it's going to take someone who is unbiased and not apart of any of the big 3. Then, they'll have to either have a representative from each organization to supply them with info, or let each org update the app themselves for their respective organization.

Basically, it'd be a logistical nightmare, and be a fulltime job come summertime. To get anyone to tackle such a thing, they've got to have some type of incentive or payback for their efforts.

I already know of an app that somewhat does this already, we used it in our club a little last year as a beta tester. But I haven't seen any updates or talked to the developer since late summer.

---

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro