Scholorships January 20, 2018 03:20AM
Hello does anyone know of scholarships that can be fill out that are from pulling organizations even if you not involved with them but are interested in a Ag collage program?
Thanks

Re: Scholorships Bump February 02, 2018 01:37AM
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone know of any that pulling organization or teams that offer scholarships for people not involved with there club but loves the sport of tractor pulling. I am currently a senior in high school and am going to Southwest Tech in Fennimore Wisconsin next year for Farm Operations & Management with em-phis on Dairy.
Thanks for your time

Re: Scholorships Bump February 02, 2018 08:30AM
I don't know of any scholarships, but I do have a quick word of friendly advice for you. Take some time to proof read and spell check. This is especially important if you're asking for free money for your education. How you present yourself in a sentence or two says an immense amount about who you are. Poor; grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary are the writing equivalent of chewing with your mouth open, picking your nose, and drooling. Here's what you wrote:

• "Hello does anyone know of scholarships that can be fill out that are from pulling organizations even if you not involved with them but are interested in a Ag collage program?"

Now with corrections (I'm not going to go into the poor sentence structure):
  • "Hello, does anyone know of scholarships that can be filled out that are from pulling organizations even if you're not involved with them, but are interested in a Ag college program?"

That's five corrections in one sentence. That's well below the capability of a high school senior. Proof reading only takes a few extra seconds and can change a persons initial impression of you.

Now, I know many of you will say "take it easy on the kid" and that's your right. However, I think a participation trophy, rewarding mediocrity, and not expecting more from our youth is one of the things that's ruining our country. We should strive for excellence and professionalism in everything we do. Especially if we're asking for a handout from someone else. If someone would have given me more constructive criticism when I was young I wouldn't have had to learn so many lesson the hard way.

I sincerely hope that you will take this advice to heart. I wish you luck with you're education and I hope you can find a scholarship that will help pay the bills.

Re: Scholorships Bump February 02, 2018 10:05AM
None I know of
I don't know of any scholarships, but I do have a quick word of friendly advice for you. Take some time to proof read and spell check. This is especially important if you're asking for free money for your education. How you present yourself in a sentence or two says an immense amount about who you are. Poor; grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary are the writing equivalent of chewing with your mouth open, picking your nose, and drooling. Here's what you wrote:

• "Hello does anyone know of scholarships that can be fill out that are from pulling organizations even if you not involved with them but are interested in a Ag collage program?"

• "Hello, does anyone know of scholarships that can be filled out that are from pulling organizations even if you're not involved with them, but are interested in a Ag college program?"

That's five corrections in one sentence. That's well below the capability of a high school senior. Proof reading only takes a few extra seconds and can change a persons initial impression of you.

Now, I know many of you will say "take it easy on the kid" and that's your right. However, I think a participation trophy, rewarding mediocrity, and not expecting more from our youth is one of the things that's ruining our country. We should strive for excellence and professionalism in everything we do. Especially if we're asking for a handout from someone else. If someone would have given me more constructive criticism when I was young I wouldn't have had to learn so many lesson the hard way.

I sincerely hope that you will take this advice to heart. I wish you luck with you're education and I hope you can find a scholarship that will help pay the bills.

Thanks for posting this! I was thinking the same exact thing, but was trying to think of a constructive manner in which to respond. Just to tease you a bit....in your last sentence there is a glaring grammatical error! I don't see the need for the contractionSmiling

With that being said, I'm sure I have some errors in my response as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 10:06AM by Stretch.

Re: Scholorships Bump February 02, 2018 10:33AM
just to help you out might check with outlaws website I just did and there is a spot to click on for scholarships

Re: Scholorships Bump February 03, 2018 12:32AM
Yeah, I suppose misspelling the word "college" when asking about scholarships is an issue.

Re: Scholorships Bump February 05, 2018 01:21AM
None I know of

You missed one.
...but are interested in an Ag college program?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 01:23AM by Timah.

Re: Scholorships Bump February 05, 2018 06:06AM
wee hear inn Arkansass dond nead kno puruf ridenor rwitin 4 dat mdder.Drinking we are all humans and make mistakes,but sometimes it does not make a difference, and also sometimes it can. Have a good day - stay tuned for the rest of the story. Great game last night,awesome to see the "TRAITS" lose.After the sack and fumble,Tom B.'s posture told the whole story.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard