LSS at the NFMS February 17, 2018 07:03AM
Best class of the show so far this year!

They deserve two sessions and a finals!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Agreed February 17, 2018 08:05AM
Absolutely the best class this weekend! I agree they deserve two sessions and finals!

Re: Agreed February 17, 2018 08:11AM
It was the best class so far because the quality of tractors was there. If you expand that class to 2 sessions it becomes a turd just like the other 2 super stock classes.

Re: Agreed February 17, 2018 10:18AM
If I wasn't so terrible typing on my phone I could easily give you a list of quality LSS the deserve to be here for a second session.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Well here’s a rough list.... February 17, 2018 10:50AM
Here’s a list of a few we compiled feel free to add on
Gun powder and lead
Deadly Force
Detonator black
Detonator Red
Forced Decision
Last one standing
Field Sobriety
Red thunder
Just a Case
Deere Fever
Adrenaline (out law)
Big Temptation
Little Temptation
Blue blazes
Farm boys fantasy
504 rocket
Get r Dun
On the Edge
Apparatus
Adrenaline (esp)
Addiction (outlaw)
Mr yuk
Destination unknown
Smuggler
Overulled
Interceptor (esp)
Burning daylight

Adam Draudt

www.MADPullingPics.com

or follow us on

or email us at: Email us

Re: Well here’s a rough list.... February 17, 2018 10:54AM
Red Ink
Bad Blood

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Well here’s a rough list.... February 18, 2018 04:20AM
I believer there are plenty of strong tractors to justify a second class and finals. I would add the following possibilities to the list above:
The Hulk
Keith Haney’s John Deere
Evening Thunder
Relentless
Filiantrieu’s Ford once they get the bugs worked out

Re: Well here’s a rough list.... February 18, 2018 03:27AM
Blue Blazes couldnt put 150ft together with 2 tractors combined last summer. The ULSS needs to go away in my opinion or at least get rid of the 903 v8s. It was great class several years ago but to be honest I don't think alot of the tractors have done anything but change the oil for years.

Re: Well here’s a rough list.... February 18, 2018 11:31AM
I love Blue Blazes if Mike would just give up and let someone else work on it

Re: Well here’s a rough list.... February 18, 2018 01:34PM
Lol who are you to question Mike’s ability? He has one of the strongest running alcohol light supers for 20 years.

Re: Well here’s a rough list.... February 18, 2018 02:19PM
LSS Fan
Blue Blazes couldnt put 150ft together with 2 tractors combined last summer.

That does happen to all of us at some point in time and believe me, it is VERY frustrating to a puller when it does. I am sure they will get it figured out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 02:22PM by Supertiquer.

Commander February 17, 2018 08:11AM
What happened to Jason ?? Is he running Castner turbos like Henry ???

Re: Commander February 18, 2018 04:08AM
Looked to me like Jason couldn’t get it lit as soon as he wanted and it rolled out pretty far. Congrats to Jacob Fuqua and the midsouth tractor taking the win!

Re: Commander February 18, 2018 05:20AM
Maybe he did have a Castner turbo ?? Sounding like if that was the problem. If we wait long enough maybe Ross will explain it all. Lol

Jacob Fuqua wins LSS February 17, 2018 07:16AM
What an amazing win for the Fuqua family. Well deserved in an awesome class of LSS.

Re: Jacob Fuqua wins LSS February 17, 2018 07:24AM
Thats AWESOME---Way to go Jacob---"MAKING DAD PROUD"

Re: Jacob Fuqua wins LSS February 17, 2018 03:11PM
Last year at Half Century of Progress tractor pull at Rantoul IL, I was very impressed with the power of Whitworth's white 4020 alky burner from Missouri. Now only if he was able to drive and keep it under control, not only once, but twice. Interesting action photos of both rides are seen in my website. I do not know what the official name of that tractor is. Obviously appears like he has a good sponsor, as each side of tractor engine shields are different.

Also, it had been a few years since I had seen Shawn Peetz' Oliver "Unfinished Business", which did well there, like usual.

www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: Jacob Fuqua wins LSS February 18, 2018 10:47AM
There is two whitworth tractors. Colton Whitworth actually won the show. Scott was the one who had the wreck you spoke of.

Re: Jacob Fuqua wins LSS February 18, 2018 02:03PM
Seed pedaler
There is two whitworth tractors. Colton Whitworth actually won the show. Scott was the one who had the wreck you spoke of.

I am trying to get Scott to join me on a new facebook page called "we lose our weights club".

[www.facebook.com]

Re: LSS at the NFMS February 19, 2018 03:05AM
I would have liked to see a reset of the sled but the LSS was still a very good show and deserves a Finals

Re: LSS at the NFMS February 19, 2018 04:12AM
Larry Phillips was extremely strong at the end of the season and had a great pass to 241' and change. Scott Holtgrew was in the winner circle last year and also went 241' and change. I can't fault Vaughn Bauer or Mike Witt for running them as is, I would have done the same if I were the competition director or the sled operator. The sled setting may have been four or five feet too loose but that's almost an impossible thing for a sled operator to correct. I know some people wanted the sled tighter but I loved it the way it was. I also think having four in the Pulloff was perfect. A full pull setting of 242' was also the right call. For those who weren't at the event, they announced the full pull line at 242', then immediately after that announcement Brandon Phillips made a pass just past 242' and then they announced the fullpull line at 244'. Personally I got upset because its those types of issues that hurt the show, thankfully they clarified that it was a communication error and the fullpull line was set to 242'. I was the right thing to do and I commend the committee for making the correct call. Having a pulloff for a class that currently doesn't have a finals was justified as well (especially after last year). A new winner was also a huge breath of fresh air and seeing Jacob Fuqua win it all was an amazing way for the class to finish. It was also great to see different Outlaw tractor in the winners circle to show how strong the tractors are west of the Mississippi.

It's just a shame that the session didn't end with the LSS, especially since it ended with a lackluster Pro Stock class that just deflated the crowd. The only real exciting thing in that class was seeing if a stock headed 510 CID European Pro would hang on to the very end. They did, and it was pretty awesome to see. I was extremely impressed by the Euro Pro Stocks and they lived up to everything I've seen on Youtube.

The building was the loudest during the LSS class by far. Fans were on their feet and I don't think anyone really knew who was going to win. It was by far the best class of the 2018 show. Not only do they need a finals but they also need two sessions. The key to that though is ALL the LSS guys need to send in applications next year. If they get 30-40 applications then it's a whole lot easier to justify two classes, if they only get 20 applications then they only deserve one weeknight session and a finals.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 11:18AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: LSS at the NFMS February 19, 2018 09:01AM
John were you upset because Jason didn't make it?Good thing they had it set a little loose.He wouldn't have got down the track as far as he did. I know you are a big fan but maybe you can get them to come to Norwich this summer. by the way what classes are they running their.

Re: LSS at the NFMS February 19, 2018 10:01AM
From the stands the sled setting was one of the best for the weekend
The tractors and teams that got the hole shot had no problem getting to
The beach. 4 in a pulloff out of 12 at farm show seemed perfect.
Don't make excuses because your favorite wasn't the Winner

Re: LSS at the NFMS February 19, 2018 10:04AM
personally I thought there should have been 6 in the pulloff but I understand the thinking, just don't like having to ram the sand pile to make the pull off. Congrats to Jacob excellent job driving.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009