Alcohol 5.9 cummins July 21, 2011 02:14PM
I'm wanting to build a 5.9 alcohol engine. Was wanting to know if it's best to get a natural gas head or machine the diesel head for spark plugs ? Also if you weren't limited by rules would a 24 valve engine be better than the 12 valve? Thanks for any advice or thoughts in advance

Re: Alcohol 5.9 cummins January 24, 2015 11:39AM
Also starting on an alcohol 5.9, and have located a natural gas bus engine. Looking for input on piston, rod, and cam selection. Thanks....

Re: Alczohol 5.9 cummins January 25, 2015 02:04AM
I have built a couple cummins theres really no difference in the heads other than the spark plug holes are moved a few thousands .A 10mm spark plug is easy to install and if your on a budget you can put a 200 thousands valve relieves in the natural gas pistons the rods don't need nothing but good bolts and Cummins told me they have the best crank balancer money can buy, my last engine had deutz rods and ross pistons and one of my others had ross pistons and stock rods Vogel has some good cam grinds and cornets machine has a good grind for a lot less money hope this helps

Re: Alczohol 5.9 cummins January 26, 2015 03:26AM
We have done quite a few cams for cummins 5.9 alky builds. We have all kinds of valve train, and engine parts as well. One of the cams, and heads we have done took a third in gordyville in LLSS 6250 class. I would stick with the 12valve with all things considered on Valve train components.

Re: Alcohol 5.9 cummins February 19, 2018 05:23AM
I have a Cummins 12 valve CNG complete motor from a 2003 school bus with only 71k miles. Very well maintained. Will sell for 999.00 I am in Montana but do hot shot hauling so pos. delivery. I will also sell all the CNG components needed for 500.00

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009