Question for Supertiquer February 23, 2018 04:33PM
What's your opinion of the USA Pullers allowing the light super tractors with less than 3 chargers weigh 7000 lbs? Hurts? Helps? Think ITPA would consider it?

Re: Question for Supertiquer February 24, 2018 03:32AM
First and foremast, I just want to say that we had a great time with those people at Hammond, La. last year. We hope to do it again but it doesn't look good for this year.

As far as the number of chargers rule that they have, if it works for them then I feel that they should leave it be. There are just as good(if not better) 2 charger systems as there are 3. Though Jason Yakey does not pull much ITPA, I feel like he and I have proven that. And there are just as good of single charger systems as 2 charger systems as been pretty evident in most LLSS classes across the country. On the weight, I feel like that depends on the tracks. At Hammond last year, more weight would have helped me as I only weighed 6400. I could have weighed 7000 but chose not to because I wasn't sure of the dirt that we were pulling on. If most of the tracks are like that one, I could see where it would help. Here in Illinois, we are on totally different dirt and most of the tracks bite pretty good and may actually hurt with breakage or actually slowing down with the added weight. I have seen that happen here. Also, if ITPA were to go to 7000 for 2 chargers or less, I believe that we would have to go to a 3 bar roll cage which is a different issue itself.

Now, these are just my opinions and no one has to agree with them.

Also, it is my understanding that one of the USA 7000 lbs. superstock pullers was in an accident last week. Fred Roach. Not sure what happened but the last I heard was he will be ok but is banged up and sore. Please keep him in your prayers.

Clark

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,663, Posts: 229,743, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,073, Posts: 225,923.

Our newest member JD_8520