Silver Bullet Burn Out March 10, 2018 12:32AM
Anyone else see on facebook where Lustik smoked the tires on the bullet in what looked like a nice neighborhood in Florida? haha was pretty cool. Can't imagine it is real good for the tires though

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 10, 2018 01:14AM
Yea, they were in Georgia, at a Cen-pe-co convention, gotta make the sponsors happy, but yea pretty cool !!!!

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 11, 2018 01:36AM
Anyone have a link to the video?

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 11, 2018 03:27AM
Go to " mean gene pulling tractor " facebook page, stroll down a lil bit and its there.

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 11, 2018 03:39AM
just type in Lustik silver bullet pulling tractor in a search,several different angles and a good info story on the engine and new technology

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 11, 2018 12:49PM
One of the most irresponsible things I've ever seen.

Driver and spectators at risk.

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 11, 2018 02:07PM
I watched the video too about 5 times, from a couple different angles.

Never bent the throttle hard, got out of it pretty quick once it made some happy sounds and a little tire smoke.

Everyone was on the curb or behind it, a clear shot and no one standing where Jordan was pointed.

And, the team was there at the sponsors leisure. Thats a longstanding relationship where a little tire smoke in reasonably controlled conditions, in front of a crowd who likely understands motorsports and to stay back, is fine in my opinion.

so....

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 11, 2018 02:40PM
Been there, done that on a blown mini and we got the same comments--idiots, unsafe, jackasses, etc. Not quite as much smoke, but them's bigger tires--lol! JW

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 17, 2018 05:02AM
As far as being the most irresponsible thing I've ever seen this was not even close. A couple of years ago at Bowling Green the track officials knowingly allowed a Super Stock or a Pro Stock make a pass with broken steering. The officials had to kick the front tires back and forth to get the tractor hooked to the sled and then allowed him to make a full pass. Most irresponsible thing I have ever seen that should have NEVER happened.

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 17, 2018 08:44AM
I’ve seen that happen several times, including once at Louisville. What’s so bad about that?

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 18, 2018 12:05PM
B. S.
As far as being the most irresponsible thing I've ever seen this was not even close. A couple of years ago at Bowling Green the track officials knowingly allowed a Super Stock or a Pro Stock make a pass with broken steering. The officials had to kick the front tires back and forth to get the tractor hooked to the sled and then allowed him to make a full pass. Most irresponsible thing I have ever seen that should have NEVER happened.

I know Larry Phillips did it at Bowling Green a few years back. With the front end in the air, why would you need steering? You still have the independent brakes like you would on a normal run... Are we going to require all passes be made with the front end on the ground?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 18, 2018 12:35PM
I understand where everyone thinks that the front wheels are in the air the entire run analogy but what happens when the front end has a "bobble" or bangs the wheelie bars and the front end comes down with no driver control? The tractor can go 90 degrees before anyone knows what has happened and we have either rolled a tractor, run over a flagman or if it is somewhere other than a BG where the fans are within 10 ft of the track. Just like Carl Atley was in the front two rows at NFMS and his steering was working when his run started.

I am torn on the subject bc I have seen videos where an seasoned veteran Pro Mod/Stock driver did a burn out at a store open house for spectators and had a part failure and a lot of people got hurt.

It is a fine line where fun stops and irresponsibility begins.

Not judging, just saying.

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 12, 2018 12:04PM
[m.facebook.com]

Here is a link to their page with the videos. I'm unsure how to link just the videos bc I do not use Facebook.

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 12, 2018 02:44AM
If your that uptight your in the wrong sport.. He had great control of it and never even really got into it! Pretty cool for crowd to see and it was an interesting explanation of their machine afterward.

Re: Silver Bullet Burn Out March 13, 2018 01:21PM
That was neat to see. And obviously the folks there first hand certainly thought so, too.

Re: ProStock burnout March 18, 2018 07:34AM
[video: [youtu.be]

Check it out from about 3.10mins.This is how you do it....might want to sharpen them tyres again before yer next pull, could have lost the edge on them!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 11:37AM by dwayne.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,686, Posts: 229,788, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason