time to quit building? February 25, 2018 04:01PM
I think it is time to return to what made our country the industrial leader in the world years ago.
We need to stop talking about BUILT parts and components. We need to look at manufactured parts and components
What I am thinking is an engine that is manufactured for pulling would not be much more costly than a stock replacement engine
I know it will cost a little more to make but not what we are paying to have these built.
What we are doing now is pre Henry Ford.no wonder it cost so much.
The Red ones all running 466 engines could all be manufactured to best pulling specs available, all by the same manufacturer.
Injection pumps manufactured would be a lot cheaper than ones being remanufactured.
We are already doing this with tires and gears. Just look at happened to the price of tires.
Like I said Just thinking

Re: time to quit building? February 26, 2018 03:37AM
I am confused.

Re: time to quit building? February 27, 2018 02:11AM
In order to do what you are proposing, the build numbers would have to be into the THOUSANDS, not a dozen or so.

Re: time to quit building? February 27, 2018 06:02AM
Nobody wants what everyone else has, they want the best , they want to one-up everyone else.

Re: time to quit building? March 19, 2018 03:31AM
Henry Ford's plan worked on one simple principle- build a bunch of them all the same. That won't work in pulling. Maybe if we went NASCAR route and everyone used the same machine painted different and it was all a driver's game, but even then you wouldn't get enough volume to get a mass production price.

Re: time to quit building? March 19, 2018 12:31PM
Probably have to wait 5 years for an engine instead of 2 and by then I'd be outdated. They would have a better one out by then like the new tires.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,695, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member CBeard