Reg 3 and 5 HSS-D- Dead March 20, 2018 07:37AM
Last year R3 had 3 hooks and R5 had 4 hooks for the RN HSS-Diesel class. This year, nothing. The"regular" HSS class at least has hooks and an Enderle spot.

This is going to sound cynical, but I remember when an ITPA State Official and one other ( A Demon of a deere maybe?) showed up to Tomah and didn't unload to protest. I believe the JD may have hooked in the last session. Others quit hooking and NTPA soon split the class. After getting what they wanted (diesel only class), the ITPA State Official started running Outlaws. ITPA also left NTPA (no, Illinois guy, I'm referring to the other ITPA).

Last couple years, I would make a reasonable guess that (some) DSS pullers in R3 and R5 wanted a diesel only class and they even had an Enderle class.

Now? Poof. We know it's an expensive class, and each puller has their own story, but bottom line (at least some) DSS pullers once again got what they wanted, and then quit supporting their own class.

I don't believe the alky guys like Klevgard and Gansemer were dominating either in the "regular" RN HSS class. Here's hoping the DSS and alky tractors that are still around will support the RN HSS class this year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2018 08:03AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Reg 3 and 5 HSS-D- Dead March 20, 2018 02:47PM
Shortly after I quit the split happened,and the alcohol guys were basically forced out. The promoters pushed the smoker class and the alcohol guys lost hook after hook. What a shame because there was good numbers

OK can we be done with this topic March 24, 2018 04:18PM
Hi I am Trevor Miller and I have a HSS tractor that I own 50/50 with my father Dick Miller( Who stared pulling in1974 with a mod and then a TWD when he stopped in 1986) that runs on Diesel called Another Bad Habit that has and is running with the NTPA RN 3&5 and UPM since 2008 . What Mike is saying is true and I will address one part of his statement at a time to the best of my knowledge.

#1 I don't know about the Tomah thing.

#2 The Diesel only thing. Yes there is and was a few that wanted a Diesel only class they got what they wanted ( in 2008) and doing so they ran off 3 good JD Alky tractors. I wish the best for Wipf, storghan and gansimmer I know my spelling is wrong. That being said most of the guys that wanted the Diesel Only class are not pulling any RN 3 or RN5 or have stopped pulling the class / or have stopped pulling or have gone to a different group. I will not name names!

#3 Tank you Mike for saying our own story because we all have other obligations to like work, family and friends.

#4 Those of us that still have tractors running RN3, RN5, UPM (I don't speak for all of them but I think most) Will be here supporting our class (diesel +Alky combo) when we can with what we have!

#5 Thank you Ken Witt for running with us and staying with use.

#6 I don't speak for all of us but you can call me anytime Trevor Miller 320-894-2126. if you want to talk to my fellow competitors call me and will give you there #.

Re: OK can we be done with this topic March 25, 2018 04:42AM
I think the biggest thing is classes come and go. Twenty years ago 5500 light super was done for. There was good numbers in HSS class and then you started to see guys build budget tractors again to run on 5500 light super. The lack of numbers brought people to the class. I hope this is not the end of the road for the HSS tractors. I know my days are done, but the tractor is still in the region. Someday it will return I hope.

Re: Reg 3 and 5 HSS-D- Dead March 26, 2018 11:03AM
Willie what kind of tractor did you own n who owns it now?? If i may ask

Re: Reg 3 and 5 HSS-D- Dead March 27, 2018 02:26AM
His name is Joe from northwest Wisconsin. Massey HSS alky

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,777, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason