SAE Cutoff Switch April 15, 2018 12:25AM
We are in the process of hooking up the electronics/racepak on a mini. We have the standard SAE emergency kill with that fits to the rear of the machine that kills the tractor should it break away from the sled. We have the schematic and know the wiring but when we attempt to test the switch for continuity we get nothing. Can any of you seasoned veterans enlighten us? The switch was included with the chassis we purchased and "thought" to be good to go, but we can't get a working reading on it. Are we missing something? I hate to drop the $205 bucks on a new one unless I have too, any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks!

Re: SAE Cutoff Switch April 15, 2018 04:21AM
Clean the bottom contact point, and the contact point on the pin.
Sometimes the phenolic spacer material transfers to those surfaces and a meter will not see the connection.

Re: SAE Cutoff Switch April 15, 2018 05:03AM
Forrest through the trees, thanks for the slap of common sense my friend! It works fine now.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,992, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009