Wayne Andrews "The Other Woman" July 29, 2011 05:21AM
Lincoln,
I thought I might start another thread because you might not have seen my response in an earlier one. I almost bought that tractor off of Jeff Montgomery a few years ago (8?). If Jeff Mongomery would have sold me your Dads tractor, I was planning on putting one of my V-12 702 GMC engines in it and taking it to antique tractor pulls and shows. I remember your Dad pulling "The Other Woman" all over Illinois and western Indiana at various pulls. If I remember correctly, your Dad had a very early nitrous system (self built?) on it. I use to attend a lot of Indiana and some Illinois pulls with a mod puller from here in Indiana by the name of Mack Bohn and his tractor was called "Asinine 1 ". In those days he ran an F-30 flipped upside down with an injected 427 Chevy on nitro, and later he added a second 427. I know Mack and your Dad knew each other fairly well.
It seems like there's a lot of interest right now in restoring old pulling tractors, and personally I love it. There's one locally being restored here in Terre Haute Indiana. It's the old "Leadfoot Express" from Michigan. It was an Allison powered using a MH 55 rear end and John Deere 4430 sheet metal. I think the current owner has plans on firing it sometime this fall. I've almost finished gathering parts to build my nostalia modified as well and it will be Allison powered too. Good luck in getting it restored, it should be a great project and bring back loads of memories for you.

Re: Wayne Andrews "The Other Woman" April 29, 2018 11:54AM
Leadfoot Express was from Bad Axe Mi. Wondered what happened to that thing.

Re: Wayne Andrews "The Other Woman" April 30, 2018 02:21AM
Rob Muntz, The "Leadfoot Express" (AKA Ramblin Rose) tractor is now in Terre Haute Indiana. My friend Brad Wheatfill is in the process of restoring it, and has been for a number of years. The Allison V-1710 is done and most of the work on the chassis. I think Brad is to the point now of final painting and assembly. Brad is a perfectionist and it'll have to be just right before he unveils it.

Re: Wayne Andrews "The Other Woman" April 30, 2018 02:22PM
You can see an action photo of "Ramblin' Rose" on my website. On "View Events, it is the 4th entry down - 1981 Mt. Pleasant, MI. Click on it, then a window with 5 action tractors are seen. Click on the 2nd from right (the Cockshutt 570) which then opens up and the "Ramblin' Rose" is the only green tractor.

I asked some Wolverine 'aging' pullers this winter, who that tractor belonged to, as I do not recall. No answers. Any of readers know?

www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: Wayne Andrews "The Other Woman" May 01, 2018 01:58AM
Dave Dann, the tractor was originally built for Paul Maynard. Izzy Atkins from Colorado built it for Maynard. When it was completed, Izzy delivered it to Maynard in Michigan. I'm not sure on how long Maynard owned it, but I believe he sold it to Charlie and Don Errer. They owned it for a number of years and sold it and it was renamed Ramblin Rose. I'm not sure I've heard that persons name. I'm sure Brad told me, but I don't remember. My friend Brad Wheatfill bought it off of a guy up near Marion Indiana, and it was in rough shape when he got it. It also no longer had an engine in it.

Re: Wayne Andrews "The Other Woman" May 01, 2018 05:11AM
Thanks Charlie for the interesting history. I see that you, too, are puzzled by who owned "Ramblin' Rose". Anybody else know?
I rarely saw the tractor but thought it looked rather neat.
Best of success to Brad Wheatfill in restoring the vintage MH 55 rearend / JD 4430 sheetmetal / Allsion V-12 power pulling tractor.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro