Rotary pump June 12, 2018 05:54AM
I have a 13 mm special rotary pump and have been pondering the idea of eliminating the pump head return and supplying fuel to that port. I have been having issues with sucking my filters dry at higher rpm and was thinking this might solve that. Has anyone tried this? I already added a bigger lift pump and switched to higher flow filters but I don't want to damage my pump either. Just looking for advice. Thanks for any response.

Re: Rotary pump June 12, 2018 05:09PM
I have seen this done before. Honestly though, make sure the supply pump is supplying a sufficient amount of fuel. Usually with a belt drive pusher pump, most 13mm M100 will not starve when fed with only one line. Some pumps still need to be dual fed.
To answer the question, I have seen this done on a few setups. They ran fuel to both the stock inlet and the return and also had an external pressure regulator tee'd into one of the two lines to keep some fuel flowing through the head and also to keep supply pressure from spiking too much for whatever reason. Hope this helps.

Re: Rotary pump June 13, 2018 02:17AM
Thanks for the advice at this point I have to try something so maybe that's the answer.

Re: Rotary pump June 13, 2018 02:43AM
If you're sucking the filters dry, you have a restriction up stream, between the tank and transfer pump, or first filter. All that plumbing needs to be perfect, or replaced with larger suction lines.

Re: Rotary pump June 13, 2018 09:43AM
Fyi. We have picked up sediment between bottom of tank and filters. It would be worth pulling off line and watch fuel flow. There was an elbow that was plugged. I’ve witnessed it on 3 ih tractors.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM