Hutchinson June 16, 2018 02:39AM
Someone tell the sound effect guy that he can stop anytime. If I had to hear the trumpet sound one more time last night I was going to leave.

Re: Hutchinson June 16, 2018 03:00AM
bitch -- bitch bitch,go home we don't care -- he is as good as it gets.period.

Re: Hutchinson June 16, 2018 05:55AM
Good comeback by Joey!! The guy paid good money and didn't like the trumpet. Doesn't make him a butch. Just makes him a guy who doesn't like gimmicky crap at a tractor pull. Good chance someone involved with the pull might see this and tell the trumpet to tone it down a little. I also think the promoter does care if people start going home. But what do I know, Joey is obviously the genius here.

Re: Hutchinson June 16, 2018 06:38AM
The sound system was very good but the sound affects were a little annoying to me - I'm sure others may have enjoyed it. If he would mix it up a bit and not keep playing the same ones over and over maybe it wouldn't be so annoying. It was a good show last night despite the excessive breakage in a few classes. Hopefully it will be a better show for those able to attend tonight.

Re: Hutchinson June 16, 2018 11:49AM
Hey, maybe don’t sit in front of a speaker tonight.

Re: Hutchinson June 16, 2018 01:02PM
Everyday someone is bitchi'n about tractor pulling,don't go,too hot,too far,too much noise,nothing said about good track,good weather,nice breeze,good units pulling,good chance to get out,many pulls you can't hear anything except mealmouth grabble,,atleast you could hear,see and feel noise,power and enjoy.Tomorrow someone will complain if the sound system was "QUIET". COME ON LIFE IS FULL OF CRAP.pulling is fun,a sport,a hobby and should not be critiqued by every guy or gal. The buffalo at the state park didn't come near us,the temp was aweful,had to pay to get in,the minister was boring,the price of gas is too high,enough ----- all you perfect people put on your own event,and satisfy everyone,let me know that works fer ya allll.

Re: Hutchinson June 17, 2018 01:51PM
Really the promoter only cares to get them at the event ( paid admission ) .

Re: Hutchinson June 18, 2018 05:30AM
The announcer is good at TALKING. He does his research and talks with the pullers and gets background on past pulls and what has been going on over the offseason, in that aspect he is awesome. The down fall is the sound affects they are greatly un needed and in some instance (Chuck Knapp fire) the sirens playing is just adding insult to injury. The galloping horn is about as annoying as nails on a chalk board. The announcer needs to keep up the chit chat like he does about the pullers, pull, and tractors but leave the sound board in the car!

Re: Hutchinson June 18, 2018 05:45AM
I wasn' t there but did see a youtube video of a couple classes, Totally agree with the original poster. For what it's worth, 2 weekends ago I attended the NHRA race at Joliet. At no point during Sunday's racing did Alan Reinhardt or any other announcer need childish sound effects to augment their work.

I hope someday pulling can be taken as a serious, legitimate form of motorsports. Leave the romper room sound effects to the monster trucks. I would much rather listen to a well-informed announcer who can sprinkle humor as appropriate without the other pre recorded antics.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro