Kubota D1005 fueling adjustment August 28, 2015 11:16AM
I'm thinking about turning up the fuel a touch on my Kubota, but am seeking a little clarification first. In my research, I've found people talking about screws A and C in the picture below, but I also have screw B on top. Does anyone know for sure exactly what each screw does?

I have posted in multiple places looking for answers, so if you've seen this before, I apologize, but am kinda looking for a majority of agreement here.

Thanks much in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2015 11:18AM by Kubota D1005.

Re: Kubota D1005 fueling adjustment August 29, 2015 02:05AM
I may be wrong but I think the only way to increase the fuel on that pump is to remove the plunger body and remove the shims under it. It's not much and may not be worth the work. It looks very similar to the Mitsubishi I had and that's what I had to do

Re: Kubota D1005 fueling adjustment August 29, 2015 03:38AM
Maybe I need to clarify. It's my understanding from looking at manuals of similar Kubota setups, those shims adjust the timing of the fuel injection. I'm looking for a small increase in fuel amount which isn't covered in the manuals I've seen. Something to do with allowing the rack to move more? I'm a whole lot more familiar with the Kohler flathead gas engines I've played with for years. While I understand the basics of how diesels operate, I'm in the early stages of learning the specifics of this particular engine. I do appreciate any and all input, it's how we learn!

What's "bugging" me shall we say, the service manuals covers the timing, and other major areas of internal service and adjustment, but they don't say a word about how to properly adjust the governor and rack. The simple adjustments with external screws. Just seems weird to me.

Re: Kubota D1005 fueling adjustment August 29, 2015 10:02AM
Correct the shims are for timing. You can play with the timing a little, it will make the engine run a little snappier. If you go to much it will smoke, mostly seen when the outside temps get cooler out. Or it will run like crap.

As for your question about fuel. Yes you are correct Kubota does not put fuel adjustments in any of there manuals. Kubota will tell you to check timing first and check your high idle no load engine speed. You can cheat a little there to get an extra 100 or so rpms. The fuel adjustment... Is on the end of the pump. I personally would screw with it cause 1/8 of a turn can be too much fuel causing you to loose power and just smoke. I would check compression and pop your injectors off. Kubota runs a tight micron fuel filters..... Make sure you have good flow and there is no Kerosene in the tank.

Hope that helps...

Re: Kubota D1005 fueling adjustment August 29, 2015 10:25AM
C is the one you want. If I remember right, back the screw out one turn. It limits the rack travel

Re: Kubota D1005 fueling adjustment August 29, 2015 10:50AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate all input. I'm not looking for anything major. I would like a few more RPM's as it's governed well below the maximum rated speed for this engine. I don't want any huge black clouds of smoke either, if that happens, adjustments are going back. Right now, I'm on the fence, I'd like more, but seeking input on how, how much, etc. After weighing everything I learn, I'll make a decision then. Then, it'll be small adjustments. Making those big changes right off can get you into trouble in a hurry!

Thanks again for all input.

Re: Kubota D1005 fueling adjustment June 22, 2018 03:50PM
So what did you end up figuring out? I saw a post somewhere that said about banking that screw the whole way out and replacing with a small bolt.

Re: Kubota D1005 fueling adjustment June 23, 2018 02:07AM
I found the screw and lock nut are not actually a screw and lock nut. The screw is a shouldered bolt, that tightens onto the nut at one position only, the lock nut is also shouldered, and tightens to the body of the pump at one position only. The only way to change the setting would be to take everything all the way out, and possibly use spacers, depending on what there are for available threads, or replace them entirely as you mentioned. Since I have no idea exactly what's going on inside, I wasn't willing to remove the screw and possibly have something move, drop, or otherwise come out of place and put me in a pickle.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,764, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,940.

Our newest member Jason