Case Powershift July 24, 2014 01:11AM
I am wanting to build a Case super farm and am looking at tractors to purchase. I saw a 1070 for a good price but it is a powershift. I am curious as to how a Case powershift would perform or if I should just look elsewhere.

Re: Case Powershift July 24, 2014 11:17AM
There are lots of people out there who would be better qualified to answer your question than me, but I noticed that you had not received a response. My opinion has nothing to do with the Case powershift being a "good" or "bad" transmission, but it goes away from what other pullers are doing and simply stated it will not be a good option for you. The guys that typically run Case tractors have the 8 speed manuals in them. The 30-series is supposed to be good and the 70-series is probably a little better. Once you start getting serious and making some horsepower be prepared to have some custom gears installed. Like anything else, if you throw enough money at a problem (that powershift) maybe you could get around the issues that would be encountered, but it'll always be cost prohibitive. What are your plans for the engine? Probably a built 504? Nothing wrong with a 504 if done properly, but do some research on the cam and valve train as the factory cam is brittle/weak. I hope this is a project you are serious about. A Case tractor can be competitive, but you're going to need to find someone that is experienced and willing to help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 11:20AM by CaseOliverWhite.

Re: Case Powershift July 26, 2014 05:57AM
Thank you that is a big help. I'm right now trying to collect as much information as I can before I begin to pour in money. I do not know a whole lot about Case tractors since I have been around Internationals my whole life. I want to build a super farm but to be honest I am tired of seeing all of these International 1066's being the only tractors against the John Deeres. I have seen many competitive Case tractors and since they bought out IH I would not be betraying my color so to say. I don't know too much about what I can get out of the engines. I don't know how many cubic inches I could get by boring out a 401 or 410 but a 504 is probably the best one to go to. I had no idea about the brittle cam but I am learning every day. There are a few super farm pullers near me as well as Tom Harmon and Pat Jenuine that build them but none are Case.

Re: Case Powershift July 26, 2014 09:33AM
Only way to go is an 8 speed rear end. If your looking to build a super farm I might have some descent parts for you at a reasonable budget. When it comes to Cas parts I deal only with Karl Kaun and he has never steered me wrong. Would be happy to talk with you a bit about your project if you like to give me a call. 908/296/1632.

Re: Case Powershift July 26, 2014 06:16AM
im a case guy too,pulled a 1175.that being said I wouldn't build another case.if your set on a case see if henry smith from mich will steer you,he had a very good case sf.karl kauhn is a very good case guy,his number is on here or fondas board.the cases from mo are worth talking too also.the downfall is the head,altho there is some recast out there....

Re: Case Powershift July 26, 2014 07:51AM
There was a chassis for sale on here awhile a go think it was a 2290 or something like that. May want a look into

Re: Case Powershift July 26, 2014 08:13AM
Go with a 30 series rear end with an 8 speed trans. The PowerShift won't hold up much more the farm stock hp and are really costly to repair. There are some case tractors starting to come around

Re: Case Powershift July 26, 2014 09:19AM
Did the 70 series come with the 8 speed manual at all? I like the looks of the 70 series best and I just want a tractor that I could build up as time goes by. Right now I ddon't have the budget to build a grand national points champion tractor but a good regional competitor. I would settle for stock sheet metal and even stock front end if the hydrostatic would hold up. I know a custom front end and steering system is best for safety purposes.

Re: Case Powershift July 26, 2014 06:03PM
Some 9-1070, all 1170 and 1175, and even some 20-2290's were 8 speeds.

Re: Case Powershift June 27, 2018 05:27PM
Some 870's were 8 speed too.

Re: Case Powershift July 27, 2014 06:45AM
Do not waste your time with a powershift. I did but changed over to 8 speed with triple disc clutch. when you pass 300hp with 970-1070 powershift you are on borrowed time.Also cant powershift wont come out of hole smooth. 573 789 0161

Re: Case Powershift June 27, 2018 09:09PM
Karl's 262-719-9338
Don't waste your time on power shift, 30 series rear ends are more plentyful but 70 series has a better shift basket.each brand has it's own little clicks, but the Case can be made to run with any of them. Fuel and air, doesn't matter what color the block.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520