How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 03:49AM
It's the biggest pull. It's my personal favorite pull. Lots of history and they do many things right. However, no matter how good an event is there is always room to improve and innovate.

With that in mind, what do you feel BG could do to make their event even better, whether big or small things?

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 04:07AM
Bulldoze a bunch of stuff. Lol. The puller parking & staging lanes are horrible.

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 04:13AM
Add more electric sites to the campground. They sell out every year . Put some of the money back in improvements of the grounds.

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 04:31AM
Make a change with the announcers. You don't need 6-7 guys all trying to talk, most of which have no clue what is going on the national level. The biggest pull in the world should have the best of the best. JMO

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 06:13AM
I think it would be great if they adopted a system similar to what some restaurants use where they text your phone when your table is ready. One of the hardest things for competitors is knowing when to get in line for the scales. It was mentioned a few years ago to use a paging system like they use in restaurants but that would be costly, useing cell phones and text would reduce the cost to near zero. The guys at the scale could have the lineup list to text competitors when they need more vehicles. Only keeping 8 or 10 in line at any given time. I know in the TWD class it gets it be a cluster lineing up for the scales and the hot pits. On the other hand sometimes the mod guys are nowhere to be found when it is getting close to show time.

S'no Farmer

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 06:11AM
Make the seats a bit wider as I have gotten a bit wider. Smiling

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 06:55AM
put something around the scoreboards so ya can read them in the daylight..create a 1 way traffic flow in the campgrounds,as suggested on fondas board,any class with over 30 entries go to a heats system.let traffic in campgrounds run till 2am instead of 1am,have band start later,hell their done b4 pull is over sometimes..theres 100s of legends tractors around,cant younz find any different ones......

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 10:25AM
The place makes $2,000,000 at the gate alone, I see no reason why at least half of that can't go to the pullers.

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 11:02AM
Return schedule to how it was, first session friday, last on sunday. Thursday session is dumb. Stop pulling super farms.

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 11:19AM
Increase the purse to the pullers and I would hope to see a limited pro 4wd Diesel truck class hopefully next year.

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 01:47PM
Include the seat in the ticket cost like they used to. You used to only have to pay extra for the covered grandstand. I liked that. Why should the people baking in the sun pay the same as the guys under the roof.

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? July 31, 2018 11:33PM
The reason they went to paid seating was for a couple of reasons. To stop the nonsense of people reserving absurd amounts of seats for people aside from themselves, and to allow you to retain the same seat year in year out......which has been by far the best thing they have done to date. If the seat was included in the ticket price, it would just increase the admission price the amount of the seat.

I agree with an earlier comment of return to the old format of start Friday noon and end Sunday afternoon. I am not particularly fond of the "new" format, but obviously will continue to go.

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? August 01, 2018 04:58AM
I for one love the new format. I believe that the show should end in front of a large crowd, unfortunately the Sunday afternoon session was not well attended. Another plus is that the pullers, fans and campers can leave Sunday morning and get a good start on their trip home

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? August 01, 2018 05:37AM
I 100% agree with you Dick. The Thursday show seems to have a much better crowd and is another night session compared to the old Sunday session.

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? August 03, 2018 05:20AM
Don't run two vehicles down the track at the same time.

It doesn't happen too terribly often, but still...

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? August 03, 2018 05:36AM
John Murray
Don't run two vehicles down the track at the same time.

It doesn't happen too terribly often, but still...

Agreed!
2 vehicles at the same time is my #2 pet peeve there only after the announcer who cannot read postal abbreviations (New Brunswick is not Nebraska) and also cannot read or mispronounces hometowns or cities, and I'm not talking about obscure native American based names either.

On the positive side, those 4H stand milkshakes taste really good following an afternoon session of pulling.

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? August 03, 2018 10:59AM
I don't mind seeing two pulling vehicles at the same time ! Adds a little flavor now and again! Everyone has the right to likes different things !

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? August 04, 2018 12:40AM
As S'no farmer mentioned come up with a way to make it easier and faster for pullers to get to the staging area. #2 behind north side grandstands or at main entrance, park top 5 in points from every class. Kinda like NHRA does with their nitro alley! #3 bring in a couple young announcers (no disrespect to the announcers they have now) to take over when someosomeone retires. Other than a few minor changes I wouldn't change much! Bowling green is the greatest pull on the planet and it takes a tremendous amount of work to put on a show of this caliber! I believe we should all thank each and every single blue shirt for their countless volunteer hours they put in to give the fans the greatest show possible! Keep up the great work blue shirts we the fans appreciate all you do for us!!!

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? August 04, 2018 12:53AM
Move it to Ky so i don't have to drive so far

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? August 06, 2018 01:35PM
Along the lines of announcers,Have one in the staging area and at the end of the track for interviews.

Re: How would you improve Bowling Green? August 06, 2018 10:08PM
That’s a good idea. I really like that one. There’s already 3-4 color commentary. It’d be different and easy to do.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,717, Posts: 229,825, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,961.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro