Outlaws are the most awesome-est ever! August 14, 2018 03:28PM
Outlaws has been the leader for years in pulling. Lots of things can be credited to Outlaws doing first. First to split diesel & ally supers. First to make roll cages mandatory. First with floating finish line at 320 plus. First with big screen and it had picture of Puller with instant results and leaderboard. I remember when Outlaws had that big screen at Jefferson City next to the little one NTPA had. No comparison and the very next year NTPA had a big screen. First and only association with the app for instant results. I know they may be struggling some now but they have done lots of good things in years past.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2018 01:37PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Outlaws are the most awesome-est ever! August 14, 2018 03:55PM
WRONG on roll cage!!!
Outlaws were even dead LAST at implementing even rudimentary specifications on roll cages!
The roll cage MANDATE is what caused Iowa tractor pullers assn. to pull out of NTPA and join with Outlaws.
Dennis Goodwin did spur on the split of diesel and alcohol SS!!!! When he was still with NTPA.
It was at the Iowa State Fair, when ITPA was still with NTPA that Dennis had a diesel only heavy SS class.
That move upset a lot of NTPA HSS competitors, but not the man from Tomah!
Dennis coined the phrase, "If you can't beat them, ban them." Will probably be engraved on his head stone!
The rest is 100% correct!

Re: Outlaws are the most awesome-est ever! August 14, 2018 09:06PM
Outlaws had roll cages two years before NTPA had them. They didn’t wait the two years for SFI to come up with a spec. and did there on thing with rules for cages. Yes Dennis was behind the split in Diesel and Alky and that is why Outlaws went with the rules. Roberts had pulled both and knew it wasn’t fair competition.

Re: Outlaws are the most awesome-est ever! August 15, 2018 04:18AM
This post had NOTHING to do with outlaws or Doug Roberts. It was about finding results on a totally different sanctions website??? The rest of us don't care about outlaws or Doug Roberts for that matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2018 01:38PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Outlaws are the most awesome-est ever! August 15, 2018 01:49AM
I was on the Outlaw board back then and Doug built a roll cage on his tractor in 1997 and was the first on a tractor. He showed up at Tomah with it when the Randy Rose accident happened and everyone was looking at it including NTPA. He was VP of Outlaws then and became President that fall and was pushing for roll cages at the fall meeting. When NTPA didn’t come up with rules and tabled it for another year, we made our own specs for cages. When NTPA came out with specs for the 1999 season Iowa pullers left NTPA and went with Outlaws, partially over roll cages. Illinois pullers also left NTPA, but don’t think it was over roll cage. Both didn’t think they were getting enough being part of NTPA compared to what it cost. Mike Miller, Dennis Goodwin and Doug Roberts then formed USPA for insurance in 2000. USPA later went with SFI program and Outlaws had to change their roll cage rules to SFI specs and that was a year or two later. Roberts is also the one that pushed for component tractors in Super Stock and Pro stock classes in 1996 with a letter to NTPA. That happened a year or two later after he had sold his tractor.

Re: Outlaws are the most awesome-est ever! August 15, 2018 02:52AM
Dear memory. Are you working on Doug's autobiography cuz you sure know a lot about the times in the life of Doug Roberts

Re: Outlaws are the most awesome-est ever! August 15, 2018 03:26AM
I think Doug Roberts history is pretty well know and been documented on here many times. That’s one guy that’s been hammered on here till he retired. I do remember him showing up at Tomah with the first rollcage I had ever seen. The letter to NTPA for components was on here a while back and started an argument on who had the first component. A course most all of Doug’s post start a argument one way or the other.

Re: Outlaws are the most awesome-est ever! August 15, 2018 04:51AM
Im not Doug he was a good leader for Outlaws. Poor Doug gets hammered on here even after he left the group. I don't think he would hide behind a name to pat himself on the back about the good things that happened during his time with Outlaws, too humble his ego wouldn't allow it

Re: Outlaws are the most awesome-est ever! August 15, 2018 04:54AM
Amazing memory Im not Doug I was a board member let the facts about the leadership in Outlaws stand for itself during his time there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2018 01:39PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Outlaws are the most awesome-est ever! August 15, 2018 02:39PM
They were also the first to have a component limited pro class.

Re: Outlaws are the most awesome-est ever! August 15, 2018 03:11PM
Man, some of you people that post on here that know everything really amaze me. Have any of you looked at how the sfi spec on the roll cage reads?

Doug Roberts August 16, 2018 02:53AM
Wow, just crazy posts on here. No wonder Doug hasn't been to pull since he retired. Here over a year later still a topic on pull-off. The one guy that didn't take credit for anything. All his letters over the years praised the promoters & members for making this organization go. Most of the time at events or even at the banquet he was behind the scenes. At pulls he didn't even wear a uniform and you might find him helping his wife in T-shirt trailer. He let tech and others do there thing, unless there was a problem he stayed behind the scenes. I have known him for 15 years as he did some work on my pulling vehicle and never asked me to run his Roberts Machine stickers, if you wanted one you would have to ask. Never told me not to hook anywhere else. One guy that sure didn't have an ego about anything. Just wants to spend time with family and sure he could care less about this site and what others think.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,681, Posts: 229,783, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason