BG announcers August 20, 2018 12:22AM
I"m wondering who the new guy was on Saturday. He was the best I've heard in years. When he showed up the whole show changed. Miles and him should do way more talking and the others do less.

Re: BG announcers August 20, 2018 01:36AM
Dan Mayer ( not sure if is spelled right). I agree he was a great addition he is very knowable about present and past pullers.

Re: BG announcers August 20, 2018 04:19AM
Dan Meyer is a terrific announcer, he does a lot of Empire State pulls. Glad to hear he got some mic time at BG, he's a good guy.

Re: BG announcers August 20, 2018 08:07AM
that new guy was really good and knows his pullers they need to drop a couple guys who sound like it is the only pull they announce all year. gonna miss greg who does the opening ceremonies thought i heard he said he was done in a couple years he does a good job of getting the energy up in the crowd doc does pretty good too miles is a good choice as the voice of the pull.

Re: BG announcers August 20, 2018 01:10PM
Dan Mayer he is Empire State pullers announcer and has been called on
By PPL some and was third announcer at Louisville last year.
He is literally a walking talking pulling history encyclopedia

Re: BG announcers August 20, 2018 11:34PM
what about Hog Hastings from OSTPA, he does a terrific job announcing I think.

Re: BG announcers August 21, 2018 01:28AM
Dan does an awesome job and I'm lucky to be from his area. He gets the crowd involved, keeps you informed on distances as the class progresses and as mentioned has a ton of pulling knowledge that he shares on the drivers, the vehicles and their setups .It was nice to see him at BG. An excellent addition to the show imo.

BG announcers August 20, 2018 06:40AM
Any thoughts on the Bowling Green announcer lineup?

Re: Trim it down to 4 or 5 guys! August 21, 2018 04:30AM
Here's my quick opinion; Dan Mayer is a great addition, Miles Krieger does an excellent job, both of these guys are some of the premier announcers in the sport. There are only one or two other pulling announcers at their level.

Bowling Green doesn't need any more announcers, they need less. That pull should have 4 announcers... maybe 5 at the very most. Personally I want to hear Miles and Dan 80% of the the time giving color commentary, facts, and other interesting tidbits, they also need someone in the crows nest for each track simply telling me: who up, who's on deck, and who's in the hole and giving distances. That's four guys. Maybe have a 5th guy doing winners circle stuff, however Miles and Dan are extremely good at that so I don't know if it's really necessary to add another guy. Maybe they could have a Blue shirt do the winners circle and present the trophy on behalf of the NWOTPA.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: BG announcers August 21, 2018 03:03PM
X2 what you all have said. spent alot of time this weekend grumbling about the one guy in the crows nest. last name is Fox and is part of hillbilly sound that also announces at a few OSTPA hooks. It was almost comical, announcers need to announce correct information...I mean, that is there job! That guy gave false information dang near every other time he spoke. Extremely happy Dan Mayer and Miles were there. Sure hope they are the tandem we hear at NFMS and BG for many many years

Re: BG announcers August 22, 2018 03:30AM
Yes we need to clone Dan or maybe he has a brother we can use. He's one of the most knowledgeable and professional announcers in the sport. He has a history built up that is incredible on his website www.pulling-reference.com. A pleasure to listen to on the mic and a nice guy to boot.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,666, Posts: 229,746, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,074, Posts: 225,924.

Our newest member JD_8520