Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 03:17AM
Last year this was considered. Has the proposal been resubmitted?

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 09:08AM
open supers need them worse then anybody

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 01:28PM
1. All classes have limits and need them to an extent.
2. Putting additional limits on a class only encourages spending to maximize performance within the parameters of the limits. The tail wags the dog, so to speak.
3. While its good to have 10 to 20 vehicles in a class, is limiting a class to encourage numbers watering down the competition? I ask that just to encourage discussion, as my feelings about limiting the elite classes of the sport is mixed. I realize a good sled setting can make a huge difference in how a class presents itself on the track but if limits are enacted would we hear/feel a difference in the performance. Honestly if we go monkeying with the performance of a DSS or a mod I can tell you I would "miss" the sound and feel of the machines in their less limited form.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 09:22AM
Why? If you want restrictions, pull in a different class.

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 09:57AM
Agreed. Why limit the open class? You want limits, there are classes for that.

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 12:15PM
See this is why pulling is firing instead of growing limits don’t cost more they limit cost idc what y’all say if they had limits there could be more tractors in each class better shows people who don’t have all the extra cash laying in there pocket could get out an run more an you have a guys who can run against each other an be competitive an not run it on kill every night I’d like to someone else other then Chizek and galot teams win an be competive why can’t you just say you can’t have bigger then 4.1s on top everything else wouldn’t change it wouldn’t be brute hp look around all you guys saying no limits prolly just fans yeah the power they are making today is great but in 10-15 years there won’t be a lot of the guys there are today what new kids or young adults are building anything other then Diesel trucks when was the last time you seen a full great class at each gn or champ tour event it’s the same guys doing the same thing and if something don’t change it would all be done no supers and remember when there were a lot more pullers then there are today can’t see any young Adult building a super when they can build some diesel trucks the next generation might just pull diesel trucks at this point how many people can replace all the great pullers we have today

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 01:32PM
Greg
See this is why pulling is firing instead of growing limits don’t cost more they limit cost idc what y’all say if they had limits there could be more tractors in each class better shows people who don’t have all the extra cash laying in there pocket could get out an run more an you have a guys who can run against each other an be competitive an not run it on kill every night I’d like to someone else other then Chizek and galot teams win an be competive why can’t you just say you can’t have bigger then 4.1s on top everything else wouldn’t change it wouldn’t be brute hp look around all you guys saying no limits prolly just fans yeah the power they are making today is great but in 10-15 years there won’t be a lot of the guys there are today what new kids or young adults are building anything other then Diesel trucks when was the last time you seen a full great class at each gn or champ tour event it’s the same guys doing the same thing and if something don’t change it would all be done no supers and remember when there were a lot more pullers then there are today can’t see any young Adult building a super when they can build some diesel trucks the next generation might just pull diesel trucks at this point how many people can replace all the great pullers we have today

Who would you like to see win?
Why do you think 2 new custom turbos would not cost more, wouldn't they have to buy them? You are talking about replacing 2 $6-7000 turbos with 2 $15000 turbos
The only way the Chizeks and Galots don't keep winning is when someone else wants it more, restrictions are just another expensive obstacle , and the guy wants it most is the one that's going to win.

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 02:25PM
Wants it more you mean unlimited budget lol an 15,000 for a 4.1 hahaha get real limit the air oh where are those limited pros with a $15,000 4.1? Get freaking real and I like to see other people win don’t care who @#$%& gets boring when guys with unlimited budgets or fat wallets come in an drive the price up oh you have more money then me so it’s pretty much gonna be the little guy getting his ass kicked by the dude with some money how exciting! light pro started out great an now you have to keep going bigger an bigger to stay on top not many ac or ford it’s gotta stop somewhere everything now is a red green show there’s no color like there was years ago why are so many guys quitting or running 3 times a year ? Work Work Work go pull your tractor an kill it to even compete blow it up sit out for who knows how long. Again restricting the air will save parts for sure an if you save parts your saving money correct?

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 12:49PM
I was replying to the post below yours. It's a forum, with opinions. That's how they work. Apparently, you have the problem since you singled me out and not the guy who agreed with me?

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 10:58AM
grubby
Why? If you want restrictions, pull in a different class.

Nothing was said about wanting or not wanting them. It was proposed, seriously discussed, and tabled last year and I just asked if it was being proposed again. What is your problem?

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 01:45PM
There is limits.the one limit is the Wallet thats why the class is dead and dont tell me its not dead someone count up how many there is across the country it takes a national pull to get a halve way decent number

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 27, 2018 02:50PM
I start a discussion about this a while back and all most did was criticize and complain. Sees like others may be catching on. No young guys interested in tractors that cost more than most houses Evan they can see that stupid . Lower cubes and real fuel limitations if you don't have the fuel to burn or the place to burn it you can only do so much. Max Simpson once suggested a claiming race just like horse racing and we all laughed. Maybe he was right. We better do something before it's only the super wealthy will be pulling

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 29, 2018 05:22AM
That’s fine and dandy, but what about the investments that teams have already made to make them run the way they do? Sorry about your luck for stepping up to compete at a higher level?? Ross and Schlabach set the new standard and Blagraves and the lock n load team have invested in new set ups to complete and now we should back them down?

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 29, 2018 11:21AM
There should have been limitations 25 years ago. It's time gentlemen you only have a few left do something soon or it will vanish

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 29, 2018 02:04PM
You can tell em Fuzz but no one will listen the couple hundred thousand dollar toys is about to become extinct wich will cause another problem they will end up in classes like the LLSS Limeted pro and others and ruin them by wanting to change the rules to fit there component tractors in and such .Theres always a cycle and the big money game is beginning to be cycled out .County fairs are becoming extinct one by one gone.Somebody better get a game going to play on a I phone to sparks some kids interest or its over

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 30, 2018 04:25AM
So I am sure there are a lot of people in the drag racing world that would like to,run top fuel or funny car but the fact is not everyone can afford it so there is really no reason in my opinion to put a bunch of restrictions on this is why there is many classes from farm stock all the way to unlimited modified. Just my opinion,

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 30, 2018 08:49AM
Evan nhra has limitations in cubes 500 inches for prostock. Funny car. Top fuel don't you think there's a reason for this cost and common sense. There's no reason John Deere can't run a 4.612 piston Perkins made a 510 cubic inch engine is everyone in love with big cube moters 510 would cover 90% of all ag moters lets wake up and save what s left

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 30, 2018 01:41PM
Corky that was stupid some of the classes have not got enough tractors left across the country The reason there are so many classes is because the other classes priced themselfs out so a new Limited this or Limited that gets started with good intentions then goes to @#$%& just like the rest in a few years Theres lots of pullers that would come back out if twenty or 30 thousand was shaved off and some rules made to get back some durability MONEY rules them big guys aint @#$%& if it was apples to apples

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 30, 2018 01:45PM
I hear what you are saying but the fact is if you wanna play you gotta pay. Life wasn’t never meant to be fair it’s just how it is.

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 30, 2018 02:30PM
Yes they have limitations 650 cubes and 3 chargers if over 540 cubes 4 chargers other then that it's pretty much wide open .you can say what you want but it's still a 40 year old rules that was stupid then and worse now. apparently what s going on now is not working it's time for changes why do most not see what's going on. Soon it'll be 6 or 7 in dss and it will be over

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 30, 2018 03:27PM
LEWIS
Corky that was stupid some of the classes have not got enough tractors left across the country The reason there are so many classes is because the other classes priced themselfs out so a new Limited this or Limited that gets started with good intentions then goes to @#$%& just like the rest in a few years Theres lots of pullers that would come back out if twenty or 30 thousand was shaved off and some rules made to get back some durability MONEY rules them big guys aint @#$%& if it was apples to apples
How many pullers would come back, whats their names and how come they are not on here telling everyone they would come back?
When you say "lots" is that 2 or 100 or 500 or what?
Why don't they step in to one of the many new diesel classes that was started just for that reason?

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 30, 2018 01:41PM
All I as saying is making more restrictions is not the answer. Just saying not very body can afford to do somethings no matter what Motorsport it is that’s all I was getting at.

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 30, 2018 03:13PM
Corkey
All I as saying is making more restrictions is not the answer. Just saying not very body can afford to do somethings no matter what Motorsport it is that’s all I was getting at.

RESTRICT THE WEIGHT AND THE CUBES FOR BOTH FUELS! In my 25 year pulling career, I have NEVER asked for more weight OR cubes. All I have ever asked for was a better motor that was UNDER the cube limit!smh

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 30, 2018 03:50PM
Because

RESTRICT THE WEIGHT AND THE CUBES FOR BOTH FUELS! In my 25 year pulling career, I have NEVER asked for more weight OR cubes. All I have ever asked for was a better motor that was UNDER the cube limit!smh[/quote

The cubes have nothing to do with the diesel supers....just because the limit is 650 doesn't mean that anyone is running that or even close to it. ]

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 30, 2018 11:16AM
Ssd tractors also have cubic inch limitations ....

Re: Diesel SS restrictor plates August 30, 2018 03:04PM
Ya know I hear all this talk about how expensive it is to run this class and I always see the same names posting about it.....so please enlighten me on what actually costs to run this class. Tell me what those expensive prices are and where to buy these products. Also I keep reading about the cubic inch in the class and I bet none of you can tell me who is running what and I bet if you do tell me You'll be wrong

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM