Pulling with visor open September 03, 2018 03:48PM
I think more should be done to mandate pullers using their visors. It’s only a matter of time before someone gets burned badly.

Re: Pulling with visor open September 03, 2018 04:28PM
How would you feel when a puller runs over a flagman because their visor fogs up and they can't see ahead of them?

Re: Pulling with visor open September 03, 2018 11:23PM
They make helmets with fans in them or fan kits for your current helmet. Mike wilhite charbroiled his face a few years back by not having his visor down. I bet he found a way to fix the fogging issue instead of putting his safety at stake anymore.

Re: Pulling with visor open September 04, 2018 04:14AM
Helmet blowers work. I have to wear my glasses when I pull and fogging was a major issue. We run mod tractors and I'm not going down the track without my visor down. I've used a blower fan for my helmet for years and can tell you they work. Not only do they keep the glasses and visor from gogging but the side benefit is that they really cool down your head on those 90+ days. They might be a little inconvenient and look stupid but I'll take that every day over not being able to see or getting my eyebrows burned off. If you ever watch the crash videos our tractor was one of the tractors up in flames on the promos. I wasn't driving that night but I can tell you that Doug was glad he had his visor down.

S'no Farmer

Re: Pulling with visor open September 05, 2018 04:15PM
It is our job to stay out of the pullers way !!!
A stray tire or top of an engine might get us, but if we get run over by a pull vehicle, it is our own fault!

Mind Your Own Business September 04, 2018 02:00AM
Yet another expert telling pullers what they should do and Money to spent. Nothing worse than helmet fogging up going down the track.

Re: Mind Your Own Business September 04, 2018 02:37AM
Maybe take a moment to read and comprehend before you post. The post above you indicates that Mike Wilhite would dispute "Nothing worse than helmet fogging up going down the track".

I was going to say just that, but I took a moment to read, and found that someone had beat me to it.

Then again maybe he's just a keyboard puller too........

Re: Pulling with visor open September 04, 2018 05:23AM
Last weekend we pulled and a heavy fog set in, no one could keep there visors un fogged. We almost needed windshield wipers on our helmets.

Re: Pulling with visor open September 04, 2018 06:23AM
Just curious, if a blower is used for pushing air in your helmet and god forbid something goes bad. Wouldn’t stand to reason that it would shove fumes fire and whatever else is in the atmosphere straight in your face?

Re: Pulling with visor open September 04, 2018 11:20AM
My blower is down low and behind the rearend with a long hose so the hope is that the fire goes up and only last for a second or two.

S'no Farmer

Re: Pulling with visor open September 04, 2018 11:26AM
Ok that makes sense.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,711, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520