board question for jake or dick ??? September 16, 2018 11:57PM
when reading long threads with lots of new post and then a registerd user adds a comment and we want to give a thumbs up the thread goes back to the top,then all the "new" notifications are removed on the other new post.is there a way to have this not happen,to have the "new," word remain ,it would make the thread so much easier to follow.i guess my q is is there a way to make the thread stay as I view it instead of always going to the top when giving a thumbs up.i think we could get more participation,a few,if it wouldn't lose our place when reading along

Re: board question for jake or dick ??? September 17, 2018 03:02AM
I'm not Jake, or Dick... but I might be able to help a little.

I've noticed this in the past, myself. I generally only visit this board from a pc, not on my phone, or other mobile device. So, after giving a thumbs up, and having this situation happen, I click the back button. (Basically what I learned is that by giving the thumbs up, the thread was "re-opened" to reflect my action"). This took me back to a version of the thread that still showed the new post notations, but did not yet reflect my thumbs up concerning the individual comment.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009