On track safety issues November 07, 2018 08:23AM
The first tractor in this video certainly doesn't look to me to be safely operated when it takes off down the track with a crew member still spraying ether into it. I can't imagine this would be ok with the insurance company. Outlaw Pulling - Concord, NE - Diesel Super Stock

Re: On track safety issues November 07, 2018 10:47AM
Been done many times over the years. If it was an issue it would have been handled on the spot

Re: On track safety issues November 07, 2018 07:41PM
Seems like a couple onboard ether injectors would be better than a DQ or a run over crew member

Re: On track safety issues November 07, 2018 11:36PM
If the green flag was presented with a crew member still on the track the flagger should be relieved of his duties.

Re: On track safety issues November 08, 2018 01:38AM
We will be coming up with a new crew member deflector shield to go in front of the tires. It will safely remove the ether person from the path of the tire.

Prototype

Re: On track safety issues November 08, 2018 02:05AM
Will the deere's be allowed an extra 50 pounds for their shields? If the shield is mounted just in front of the front tire that is 18" behind the furthest most point and they will probably lose 1400-1500 pounds of front end weight from it being that far back.

Re: On track safety issues November 08, 2018 04:25AM
I noticed no one has said anything about his visor being up. That is a big pet peeve of mine on safety.

Re: On track safety issues November 08, 2018 09:03AM
Can I run a plow from an IH on a John Deere?

Re: On track safety issues November 08, 2018 11:00AM
I don't know about that, however I've pulled some John Deere plows with International and Cockshutt tractors.One time it wasn't very safe though, because my Father plowed out a yellow jacket nest in front of me and I got stung 13 times! If I would have had my full fire suit and visor down on my helmet I would have walked away unscathed!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,646, Posts: 229,713, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520